OT...Wisconsin looking for a shih tzu

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by springlakeorphan, Nov 1, 2006.

1. springlakeorphan

springlakeorphan New Member

I went to PT and to neuroligist today.whew!! Both asked me if I had a dog."No-why?" Because it would be good for you to have one;replied both!!!!Yea!!!My hubby was there and has been holding back for a few years. Thought it would be too much responsibility.Well,finally he gave in ONLY IF we get a shih tzu.
    Looked for a few breeders in the aera but wanted to check if anyone here knows someone.Long shot but worth a try.
    Wish me luck!! Thanks,Mary
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

My partner and I got 3 Shit-tzus at one time. (There are at least six ways to spell the name of this dog and all are incorrect.)

Got them from a rescue society. We donated $100 per doggie.
    The only problem w/ a rescue society is they claim every dog is one year old, because they know no one wants an older dog.

We've had Chester 15 years now. His two friends are gone so we got a small mixed breed to keep him company.

Shitzus are easy to find in LA, but may not be in WI. Is that what your husband is hoping?

I lived for a while in Stoughten while going to the U of W
    in Madison. Yesterday I was reading a thriller: Hope to Die by Lawrence Block. One of the characters is from
    Oconomowoc.

Good luck.
  3. misskoji

misskoji Member

I'm excited for you to get a doggie! I breed huskies, but those are far bigger than the breed you are looking for, lol. I know there are lots of breeders in WI. I don't know what part you're from, but I'm near Rice Lake. We have a paper around here called the trading post, also the yellow river advertiser. They always have ads in them for tons and tons of pups! Hope this helps and I can't wait til you get one, I wanna see a pic, please!!!!!!!

Hugs from your neighbor
    Deanna
  4. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I have a Shih Tzu and I just love her! They are the best inside dogs you can get(my opinion).

The aren't overly hyper nor yappy. They don't shed and very smart. They LOVE to cuddle. They just want to be loved.

I live in Canada, so I can't help you on your quest, but I wish you all the best!

Raz