OT....woman with bugs under her scalp...yuk

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kathleen12, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I was watching The Untold Stories of ER last night and a woman came in complaining about feeling bugs crawling around in her head.

Well...of course everyone thought she may be hallucinating because they could not see a thing. Finally, a couple of holes was discoverd in her scalp with fluid bubbleing out of it and sure enough....a black worm poked out of it!

The doctor got his tweezers and pulled out 3 black worms from her scalp!

The woman remembered that she was in Costa Rica a few months prior and thought maybe some bug layed eggs in her hair and when they hatched, they migrated to her scalp and burrowed in. YUK..YUK..YUK!
  2. reckabek

reckabek New Member

Discusting, humiliating and embarrasing...Oh my, i would be wanting to kill myself. that is horrid, i have a thing w/ bugs, let alone on me...OMG...eeerrrr, beck...
  3. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

This story kinda reminded me of the wolves that get into a lot of our wild animals in the summer. Like what gets into the rabbits and squirrels and sometimes dogs and cats.

Of course, I could not see if there was a swollen lump on her head, but I wonder if that is what they were. And maybe the cows that was mentioned earlier might have been wolves. I've just never heard of people getting them!
  4. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

My husband and I watched it also...
    We were so grossed out!!!!! OMG!!!

Melinda
  5. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

So sick,sick,sick it made my skin crawl
  6. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I was so fascinated by this that I wanted to find out more about it. And I learned that it is the same thing that gets into the animals and cats. but they are called Warbles, though we've always called them wolves.

I will not go into any more details about it because it is so gross and I thought I'd have mercy on you and spare you the rest.

Just a little FYI.
  7. carebelle

carebelle New Member

oh my, how gross! Is that the same story where she had a mental problem? She also had cuts all over her body and pushed worms into the cuts. She called them her family and gave them all names. A true story, how sad !
  8. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

This is not the same story, but the one you heard does sound very sad. I have not heard about that one yet. I hope that poor girl got the help she needed.
  9. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

It was really disguisting. I just tried to figure out how they did the reinactment. It looked soooo real. Of course, I guess everything in Hollywood looks real. I mean, I thought Pam Anderson's boobs were real. (just kidding).