OT Women over 40 ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Apr 14, 2006.

1. I am just wondering, what kind of makeup do you buy? I have always bought Almay liquid makeup, but they have changed it now. I have sensitive dry skin.
  2. puggymom

puggymom New Member

and I have been using the Oil of Olay, but it can be diffcult to find.
  3. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I use a powder made by Mac (they are at Macy's). You put your lotion on and then put the powder on with a brush and it kind of melts into the lotion.

I've never had a problem with it.

It isn't as expensive as you might think and last a long time. I've had the current one for over a year and will probably get six or eight more months out of it.

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I use bare minerals. Love it.
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i have tried bare minerals, but that made my face break out...and i do not get the coverage like w/sheer cover...

jodie
  6. spacee

spacee Member

I have dry sensitive skin that breaksout. I used Revelon 18 hour makeup. It was voted the best by Allure magazine. It can be found at Walmart and drugstores, ect.

If I have to get up really early in the AM to go somewhere, I put it on the night before! And then just add my blush and eye makeup.

I use Lancome's Vinefit moisturizer under it because my skin is so dry. I buy it on ebay.

Hugs, Spacee (I'm 56)
    [This Message was Edited on 04/14/2006]
  7. 1horse

1horse New Member

I use bare essecentials..anyway I like it..all natural
  8. jeanann

jeanann New Member

Revelon age defying.... I really like it and i get it at walmart....
  9. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I am 45 and have been using bare minerals for two years now. Don't let the inital expense throw you off. It lasts so much longer and is actually cheaper in the long run. I get it shipped to my house and they charge my check card. Even though they recommend shipment every 60 days, I go a lot longer between shipments. A little bit goes a long, long way.

I am allergic to so many cosmetics found in stores and this stuff has been a blessing for me. I actually took pics of myself with and without the makeup. With the makeup on, I looked like I had NO makeup on, but just looked better.

I can't sing their praises loud enough. When we went to Orlando last year, I told my husband he just had to let me go to the mall and go in the Bare MInerals store. It was fun to go in there and just look at all those marvelous products.

Now that I think about it, they need me on one of their infomercials. I definitely have the enthusiasm!

Linda
  10. Bambi

Bambi New Member

to be in all the better stores, now she sells on Home Shopping Network. The line of her makeup that I like is
    Signature Club A for older skin. I use her moisturizer, cleaner etc and like it all. She has a vitamin C treatment in capsules that is great. I have sensitive skin and have never had a problem with her productis. She demonstrates the makeup and has special sales to die for at Christmas
    time when she sells large kits with purses or shopping bags. They last forever it seems. I think it's Adrian Arpel but I won't swear to it.
  11. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I absolutley love Pur Minerals.

Been using it for years now. You can check the website. It is a USA company, but I get my from Shopping Channel in Canada.

Very reasonable price wise, too

Sue in Ontario
  12. I expected to have to search and see if anyone answered this and what a surprise to see it on top and answered~!
  13. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I love this makeup. Makes my skin look dewy without looking oily. I'll be 47 in August and yesterday a guy at the store said I looked like I was 37. Coulda kissed him but I'm married. LOL
  14. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I also use Oil of Olay's Thermal Skin Polisher. I love it!
  15. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

I use Mary Kay-buy it on ebay. It's SO much cheaper there, even with the shipping!!

I have noticed a big difference in my facial wrinkles, and smoothness, since I started using the entire product line-the cleanser, toner, day & night moisturizer+ makeup. I also use their eye cream and lip cream, as well as the liner, and eye shadow. It depends on the color scheme what I use for lipstick.

I have found in the past that when I use a makeup for any length of time, it just stops looking all that good-have any of you noticed that? But with MK, I have been using it for over a year now, and have always been happy with the results. PG
  16. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I am a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant, but I just buy it for myself, I don't sell it.

I use the Creme To Powder foundation and the Time Wise Anti-Aging Moisturizer among other things.

I have oily, combo skin and I'm 56.

Hugs,
    Faye
  17. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

mary kay but recently ran out so purchased Almay foundation (light and sheer) at the grocery store of all places! Almay was half price that week!

I like it and miss mary kay at the same time...

i used to use clinique foundation but found that either they changed something or it just wasn't working for me any longer.

any way, i need to use cosmetics for sensitive skin and love all three mentioned above... :)
  18. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

So I need make up that stays put. I use Revlon Colorstay Oil Free, but I mix it on my hand with Clinique Repairwear Day face cream and pat it on the dry parts instead of using it full strength, and it goes on smoother. I top it off with loose powder in the T-zone, and I have tons of other make-up (I'm a junkie).

I love Mac, Bare Minerals, Estee Lauder, Clinique, you name it. I have it all.
  19. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I am almost 50 (shhhh!) and the makeup I have used for 3 years is, Bare Minerals.

I have roseca and very uneven skin tone. This has been heaven sent! Like others have said, it lasts forever. It's easy to put on, and is pure enough you can sleep with it on. I have only done that once and my skin was fine.

You can google their website. If there is an Ultra cosmetic store in your area, they carry the line as does QVC. There are 3 different color combinations which helped me very much.

With all of my skin problems, I have received many compliments of how nice of skin I have.

Okay, this was not a paid testimonial! LOL I really like it. As one can tell! LOL

Good Luck!

Kim
  20. kalina

kalina New Member

I saw the informercial a few weeks ago, and it looks easy and effective. I just bought a sample kit on eBay -- just enough to see if I like it, and I can't wait to try it out! Glad to see others here like it so much.

Kalina