OT working at home (Canada) Is this a scam

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pepper, Sep 13, 2006.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

I have been looking at a company called `Canadian Homeworker Review` (or something similar) that pays people to do what seems simple jobs at home such as:
    Read Email
    Surf The Internet
    Legal and Medical Transcription
    Consumer opinion surveys
    Craft work and assembly
    Medical Billing
    Desktop Publishing
    Typing
    Data Entry
    Web Design
    Writing
    Sewing
    Computer Jobs
    Internet Research
    Focus groups
    Graphic Design
    Proofreading
    Word Processing
    Data Processing
    and Many, Many More!

I filled out the application and they want $28 for the list of companies that the applicant can choose to work for out of home. Red flag!

Has anyone heard of this company. (sorry my question mark is now a French é!) I know I have seen this discussed here before and wonder if anyone has really ever made any money doing this sort of thing.

Thanks for any help with this. I am obviously getting desperate to pay the bills.

Pepper
  2. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

OH YEAH! Any company that wants you to give them money like that is a SCAM big time. A legitimate company would give you the information if you are working for them and pay you. I investigated one of those secret shopper things and it was a scam. They wanted me to pay a fee. Nope, no way.

In fact, in some state it is illegal.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Looks pretty scammy to me.
  4. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I agree that any CO. that wants you to pay for info is a scam.

I do some surveys for different CO. and never had to pay to join it was free.

I make about 50.00 a month not much I know but it does pay for a few of my copays on medication.And its fun.

Sometimes theres no money involved.They will send me 20lbs of cat litter to test new cereal to try and candy bars .I have also gotten boxes of mac and cheese .After I have used the products for 2 weeks I fill in a report.

The food is free and good also saves me money cause I don't need to pay for it.

I would post the names of the companies that I do surveys for but its against the rules I'm sorry I cant do it for you but I do not want to get baned.

Sorry
    Hugs
    Sue
  5. ontariogirl

ontariogirl New Member

Haven't heard of that company but in our local paper there was an article from the police warning about thes scams.

The one that is circulating around here is from Advanced Distribution Systems out of Palmerston, Ont.

The also listed--Mid Central Distribution
    Tri County Distribution
    Direct Distribution

These type of places seem to just take the money and run.

Please be careful.
    Marlene
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

I figured it was too good to be true and the `membership fee`really raised a red flag.

Pepper
  7. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

They will send you a list of companies, with NO guarantee of a job. Any company that wants you pay them, is bad news.
  8. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Pepper
    I am Canadian too and have looked at those ads myself. I have concluded that they are a scam as well. I would love an at home part time job but the fact that they ask for money up front always makes me think it is too good to be true.

There is a whole bunch of us out there who would be wonderful at something like this. To bad we couldn't combine our talents an start our own business.

hugs Marion (Redwillow)
  9. pepper

pepper New Member

Just what I thought. Charge $28 a head, make a fortune and skip town. Come back next week with another name for your company. It could be a get rich quick scheme - for them.

I appreciate this input and will pass it on to my DH who has already been scammed with this sort of thing but thinks this one is legit!

Pepper
  10. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

paying them $28 for a mailing list is a good way for THEM to make money at home.

Jeanne
  11. pepper

pepper New Member

That was my thinking but my DH didn't agree. He has changed his mind after reading this thread!

Pepper