OT: write in the Story Club :) story 2

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Dear Story Club members (i.e. EVERYONE here),

You were all absolutely fantastic in our first ever open "taking turns" story. Now that it has drawn to a close (I've been too nervous to see what that close has been - read it and you'll understand!), let's start a new one. :D

In our last story, we contributed our parts so rapidly that there was some overlap in the story line. We had many immaginative twists in there too. If things get a little jumbled in this round, let's just pick up from whatever recent post we feel like. No need for everything to be orderly.

Let's leave the story open till Saturday the 22nd, after which time anyone can end it when it seems right. :) Once again, the Story Club is open to absulutely everyone here. Write as much or as little, as often or seldom, as strange or as usual as you like. Even Rockgor's aliens may make an appearance. I wonder??? :D Who knows where the Story Club will take us all this time?

Can't wait to see what you dream up!
    ((love)) Shannon
    [This Message was Edited on 07/18/2006]
  2. Shannonsparkles

Joe fingered his itchy shirt collar and sighed into his cup of coffee. It was 4:30pm in one of the longest, most boring days he had ever spent at his office. He stared whistfully out the window over his stack of half-finished paper work. If only something exciting would happen.

Just then, the phone rang. A candy bar wrapper crumpled under the wheels of his office chair as he hunched over to the other end of the desk to pick up the phone. The reciever felt cool in his hand. There was a strange electricity in the air that made his scalp prickle, but he pushed his premonition aside.

"Hello?" he said peevishly, in the way of a man in a hurry. There was a pause. He gasped! "No, no... That's impossible... you can't -"

YOUR turn! ((xx)) Shannon :)
  3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Joe's stomach didn't feel right. Joe interrupted Sam, the detective he had hired just a week before.

"You can't--she wasn't--she did WHAT?"

The Snickers Bar was definitely not settling right in his stomach.

Joe looked at his flat computer screen. The images was a screen saver, a picture of his wife and four daughters, taken on a ski trip to Saint Moritz. It wasn't money he was lacking. Joe was a succesful, competitive investment banker. And his daughters looked up to him, bright-eyed and loving. If only they knew the little compromises he made--only on occasion--in making his fortune.

But now everything was changing, fast.
  4. jjdg

jjdg New Member

Sam just told Joe that the women he had had an affair with,Shelly,who wasn't about to give him an easy way out of thier relationship,was also in St Moritz.She had found out where his wife and kids were going and figured this was the time to let Laura,his wife,know what the hell was going on.Not thinking about anyone but herself,she had booked a flight hours after Laura and the kids had,and would be staying at the same hotel.....
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

thinking furiously. What I need, he thought, is more Ritz crackers.
  6. carebelle

carebelle New Member

As the plane arrives and joe's wife and daughters are getting their baggage . Susan ,Joe's wife notices a person had been following them .She stood behind the column with a camera, taking pictures of the girls.

The stranger was dressed in a trench coat ,floppy hat with dark sunglasses on.

As they got into a cab to go to the hotel ,the stranger followed behind. Sue became nervous but did not alarm her beautiful daughters .After all they were there on holiday to celebrate the Twins 21 birthday.
  7. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

And collects the rest of their belongings and heads for the doors,
    As she is about to step out a gentleman steps up to her,excuse me can I have a minute of your time?
    She tells the girls to hold up a minute,the man says we would like a word with you it's about your husband........
    [This Message was Edited on 07/20/2006]
  8. Shannonsparkles

"Oh my gosh! Is he all right? Has something happened to him?" The words came out in an anxious rush.

"Ma'am," he said, his eyes darting in the twins' direction, "perhaps we should talk about this privately?"

Mutely, she nodded. It was all too strange. The twins looked at eachother, and started walking towards the hotel lobby. Laura could just hear Jessie, the older twin, whispering to her sister Judy, "What's going on?" before the two of them were out of hearing distance. Laura squared her stance, looking tough as nails, and about as small as a nail, in front of the burly stranger in the dark gray business suit.

"Okay, mister, what do you mean scaring us half to death like that? Joe is meeting us this evening after he gets off of work, and if there is anything so important, he can tell us himself!"

A sinister smile prickled the stranger's cheek. "Are you so sure he would tell you himself?"

"What do you mean?"
  9. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

The man you think he is,as she holds her breath waiting for the stranger to finish.
    Your husband Joe has been leading a whole different life,she grabs the railing to steady herself.
    For many years we have been tracking him and he has...........
  10. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

...been living a complete lie. Joe is in fact, well how can I put this-Joe is actually working for an outfit you don't want to hear about."

Laura crashed down on the nearest seat, a scared look on her pretty face, "You mean, the maffia?"

"No, maam, nothing like that, why don't we take you to him so he can explain...."

Anne C
  11. singingirl

singingirl New Member

...and thoughts ran thru her head. Could he be CIA? Could he be from the witness protection plan? She knew he couldn't be a sex change recepient, after all, she did have her twin daughters.

All of a sudden an alarm went off in her head....there was that one night stand oh so long ago........
  12. jjdg

jjdg New Member

Laura started to think if she had really noticed any strange behavoir lately from Joe,that was the dead give away before,the unusual too many late nights,strange phone calls,the unexpected gifts.Mean while Joe is getting himself together to go to St. Moritz,hoping its not too late.He has decided to tell laura himself.He has been advoiding Shelly and her nagging phone call,he thought about getting a restraning order on her,but that meant telling Laura,now it has come to this...
  13. singingirl

singingirl New Member

let's keep it going
  14. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

Joe knows he needs to spill his guts,but what will this do to her????
    He thought of just running away,no he must be a man....
    He walks into the meeting place,she is there with the twins,they all look so frightened.
    Oh my loves I have been so horrible to all of you for years now,the truth is...........
  15. jjdg

jjdg New Member

a double life.I had been having an affair and tried to break it off but she is now blackmailing me,I want to come clean so i want to tell you everything.
  16. jjdg

jjdg New Member

I wanted to invest some of our money in a certain business and met Shelly Outhouse,her deceased husband owns all the potapotties at the construction sites in this state,to make a long story short ,we had an affair and she fed me a bunch of crap and i fell for it ,i was just wanting to invest so we could have more things.but when i tried to end the affair the shit hit the fan and she wanted to black mail me,so before she could tell her story i wanted to tell you all myself.So thats why i am here.Laura didn't want to fall for this crap,she asked to meet Shelly.....
  17. nice2meetu

nice2meetu New Member

she glanced around the small pub nervously as she sipped her drink. The cool liquid coated her dry throat and she shivered a bit. The fan above her was spinning like her head. What will my husband John say, she thought biting her lip. Just then the screen door of the dingy little bar slammed shut. Before her stood John! Oh my goodness, she gasped, He knows!
    "Shelly!", John barked out her name, "I've got the goods on you!" He came to her and slammed a folder down onto the table. It contained pictures, cell phone tapes, and of course, divorce papers!
    "John...I...I didn't want to have an affair it just happend. I was so alone while you the potapotty king was out drumming up business, I was so lonely and Joe needed me..." She choked as she chugged the rest of her martini.....
  18. jjdg

jjdg New Member

couldn't get worse,Laura and Joe come walking in.Oh no!!!
    Joe,after finding out that Shelly had been lying about being a widow,found her husband and told him everyting,all the lies the blackmail,now it was Sheely's turn to pay...
  19. nice2meetu

nice2meetu New Member

Shelly asked herself this long hard question. Not having time to even think about an answer, she quickly turned around to face her enemies. There was a short silence as Laura's eyes met hers. There was anger in them of course but also a softness in the grey blue orbs that Shelly hoped would be the key to walking away from this without too many bruises.
    Shelly wanted to play the innocent victim, but her bleached blonde tresses and three inch spiked heels would not be witness to that fact! She was at best a calculated player in the game of life.
    "So you're the cheap floozy trying to end my marriage?" Laura asked picking up the cup of melted cubes of ice from the martini Shelly had drank, "Well take this Lady!" Laura tossed the liquid onto her and....
  20. nice2meetu

nice2meetu New Member