OT: You know you losing you mind when...(Post yours too)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjfms, Sep 8, 2006.

1. kjfms

kjfms Member

I went to town to pick up a few items I needed. When I returned I got my things out of my Jeep walk to my house and up the steps to the kitchen door...and no lie I took the remote lock/unlock to the Jeep pointed it at the kitchen door.

I clicked it and heard the Jeep doors unlock and then it dawned on me what I was doing and I started laughing my a$$ off...

I can't believe I did that but then again I can believe too..you know what I mean?

OK who has done that one?

Thought you all might enjoy a Karen original laugh for the day I know I got a kick out of it.

I am so glad I can laugh at myself and what the heck it that thing called anyway?.

Thanks,

Karen ;)
    [This Message was Edited on 09/08/2006]
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

Yes that is exactly what I mean. I still can't believe it and I am still laughing.

The neighbors probably think I am a nut!

I tried to fix my post so it would make more sense...it's just one of those days...sigh

Thanks,

Karen :)
  3. kirbycat

kirbycat New Member

Last night I got up to go pp. I went into the bathroom and a towel was on the floor. Well, I picked it up (grandkids visited), and went back and sat down with my husband. 2-3 minutes, I got up again and went back to the bathroom. My husband says "where are you going now" I said to the bathroom, He says "you just went". I said "I know but I didn't use it"

He said "hand me the green throw" and I did. Well, I was looking for the cream colored throw for me and went and sat down again.

Well, needless to say, I was about to pop then. I got up, headed for the bathroom, my husband said "where are you going now". I LIED and said I was brushing my teeth.

I miss my mind,
    Cathy
  4. kjfms

kjfms Member

Oh thank you for the laugh...LOL

Too funny I am rolling and I can't wait to hear more!!

I am laughing with hon :)

Thanks,

Karen heheeheheeee :)
  5. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

You guys are absolutely hillarious. I am still laughing at the remote to get in the house, the roast put in the fridge to cook, and lets not forget, forgetting to pp! LOL< LOL. Those three really made my day. Thanks for sharing, I really needed a laugh..

Angie
  6. ckball

ckball New Member

I haven't done that one yet. Have tried over and over the same key but of course the wrong key.

Tonight I went in and started my bath. I came back to the couch and was reading the board and your post.

Waited about right time for tub to be full and I didn't push the stopper down! Now I don't have enough hot water so I am letting the tank heat some and try again.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste,lol

I think they really make locks that work that way, if not they should.

Thanks for the laugh, I needed it today- Carla
  7. cmc123

cmc123 New Member

But, I think I can just jump right in here and match with the rest of you!!
    This morning I was still kind of out of it but, was trying to do my hair, so I would look half way decent for the day. Took the straighter, which is a thick white creme, put a quarter size amt. in my palm rubbed them together and promptly plastered it ON MY FACE!! I stood there with my mouth wide open shaking my head not believing what I had done! Was very glad no one was there to see me! Now here I am posting it for you all to see....LOL
    Connie

8. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I have done that and then tried to open the car door with the remote to the security system. I have tried to make a phone call on the remote control. I forgot how to set my convection oven and the microwave. I've molded many loads of clothes and put many in and never turned on the washer. I wrote the lady that cleans my house a check for $1,000.00 and gave it to her because she was talking about purchasing a trailer while I was writing the check. Thankfully she brought it back to me the following week. I've put food that was supposed to go into the oven into the microwave.

This could go on and on and it actually gets much worse. The scary parts are getting out my daily meds and putting them all in my mouth, leaving gas burners turned on, leaving water running, running stop signs and lights, stopping on green lights and going on red. Running off the road because I was looking at flowers numerous times. Yes, I rarely drive.

My cognitive tests are why I received SS disability on my first application without an attorney.
  9. Noahvale

Noahvale New Member

I was at the grocery store with my kids, and it had already been a long day. My children were small at the time so they didn't realize what was going on, but I walked out of the store after paying for my things and jump right into my car..after getting my kids all buckled up..I tried to put the key in the ingnition and then I realized..OMG..I'm in the wrong car!! The car was exactly like mine I never thought any different until the key wouldn't fit in the ignition and I looked out the rear view mirror to discover no toys in the back window..because my kids always had play things in the car. Boy, did I scramble getting outta there!

I still laugh about that to this day..Now I make sure before I get in to check the license plates and interrior of the car.

Yours was great Karen I have done many funny things and thought I was loosing my mind at times, but yours brought back old memmories of the past..Thanks I needed a good giggle!

God Bless,

Noahvale--Kathy
  10. kjfms

kjfms Member

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. heheheeeheee :)

Hi Cathy - I bet you were ready to pop by then but I don't blame you for not saying why were going in the BR again...LOL so funny!!

Oh ouch - Stop you're killing me...LOL

Hi Angie - Anytime we're a fun bunch that aim to please...LOL The bad thing for a second I think I expected the kitchen door to actually open...

Hi Carla - I hope you got your bath...LOL I try not to waste my mind I just seem to misplace it a lot... ;)

Hi Connie - Well I have to ask...Did the straightening cream take out any wrinkles? That is if you are old enough to have any. If it did I give it a shot...LOL Too funny :)

Ouch - OMG OUCH! no pun intended but that had to hurt and I am sorry but it cracked me up too...LOL

Hi 1sweetie - And here I thought I was special trying to open my kitchen door with my Jeep remote...LOL It is nice that I am not alone...LOL

1sweetie I hope you know I posted this just to make light of it and me and not to hurt any-one's feelings because I do not want to do that. I just have to laugh or I will go insane sometimes you know? :)

Hi Kathy - Well you made a lot further than I did...LOL you story is too funny. You got the kids buckled up and everything...LOL

I went to the post office last fall (I think) came out went to get into my Jeep opened the door and thought that funny I always lock my doors.

Went to get in looked down and knew right away it was not mine wrong floor mats.

I quickly closed the door and moved away from the vehicle looking around to see if anyone had noticed (small town).

Well wouldn't you know there stood one of my neighbors grinning ear to ear.

Turns out it was his Jeep and oh did he get such a kick out of that. Mine was parked next to his...sigh :)

He brings it up every time I see him...just loves to tease me about it...LOL

Thanks everyone for sharing you funny stories with me they were a hoot.

I think it is good medicine for us to laugh as at ourselves and with each other.

11. s--raquel

s--raquel New Member

These are so funny and I really needed to laugh tonight!!
    I'm usually the one everyone is laughing at (and/or praying
    for)around here!!I'm gonna have to share your stories with
    my family so they will quit worrying about me so much!

one of my latest...we were out of toilet paper so I started
    the car to let it cool down...45 minutes later...my husband
    comes in and says "you going somewhere?". "why?" I answer.
    "because the car is running!" he says.I had came in and went to pee or something and totally forgot I was going somewhere!

Just an example of how my mind works (or doesn't!) I'm like
    you...I laugh at myself often!!!
    I hope people keep these coming....Im really enjoying them...Too funny!
  12. makezmuzic

makezmuzic New Member

OMG!!!! I'm so glad you didnt burn your face!!!! I did something simular. I spaced having relaxer on and burned my head to the point of tears. Now I have a nice short hairdo and won't even go there again. LOL!!!!

13. makezmuzic

makezmuzic New Member

I've found so many bazzar things in the fridge. If some one video taped me for any length of time. They'd put me away!!!...LOL

You are not alone.

MM
  14. s--raquel

s--raquel New Member

I wanted to list some of the things i've done more than once...a few of them quite alot...anybody else!?!

Be looking for my sunglasses...have someone point out they
    are on my head...

Put water on to boil for tea...forget and come back to a
    nearly empty pot of water...

Go to take my medicine...and CANNOT remember if i've already taken them or not...

Run dish water or bath water and forget until you hear water hitting the floor...

Make a pot of coffee w/o the coffee...just filter and water.
    (this would be a good thing to serve with those delicious
    meatless meals some of you have mentioned!!)
  15. wazoo

wazoo New Member

Hi Karen, yep, I do it all the time. I do a lot of weird things I never used to do but it gets weirder all the time.
    Hugs
  16. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I was directing my elementary band and I felt something around my ankles and I looked down and the elastic from my slip had finally had enough and fallen down to my feet. I quickly walked behind the band pulled it back up walked back to the front of the band without skipping a beat. Not one kid saw me. Of course, because they NEVER look up at me anyway. Needless to say I bought a new slip!

Red faced
    Nancy
  17. kjfms

kjfms Member

and so funny. I am really glad I am not alone. I always just blame these things on "blonde moments" my hair is dark brown. I apologize to all Blondie's.

LIL (live in love) calls me ding bat and I will call him Archie...in my best Edith imitation :)

Hi s--raquel - oh gosh, well I would say your car got cool didn't it?...LOL I am enjoying these too!!

Hi makezmuzic - Thank you for pointing that out to me I had not idea. CMC123 I hope you are OK I honestly did know that the cream would burn. (((hugs)))

Hi linda - I haven't done that one...yet :) I am in the the center of WV. Logan is several hours away but I have been there several times we used to ride the Harley down there quite often. It is very pretty and a lovey ride. I do not make long rides anymore to painful :)

Hi again makemuzmuzic - I know what you mean. I have a bad habit of putting things in a "safe" place and forgetting where I put them. I have several things I have been looking for, for several years now...LOL

s--raquel - I sometimes forget to put the coffee pot back where it belongs but I turn on the machine...talk about a mess. I don't do it very often.

The first time I ever did this I was about 20 long before I ever had FMS...Hey maybe I was just born dingy it does seem I have always done these type of things now that I think about it.

Hi Linda - Too funny! Glad you DH is patient...LOL

Thanks,

18. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

But Ouch....may I just say "ouch"!!!!

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  19. PianoGirl

PianoGirl New Member

I've had so many of these moments that sometiems I wonder if I do anything the right way any more.

More times than I would like to admit, I have started to make a pot of coffee, but have forgotten to empty the pot of left over coffee, my husband has had to clean up the kitchen more than a few........

I put strawberry crunch ice cream bars in the bread box when I was putting groceries away

A few weeks ago trying to get to my fibromyalgia support meeting, my husband and I switched the cars that we drive, he has a ford and I have a hyundai. I came home, left my purse in the car because i knew i would be going back out. When I left the house, I took my FM folder and threw it in the hyundai. I looked, and panicked, I couldn't find my purse. So i rushed back in the house, couldn't find it anywhere, went back out to the driveway, saw it in ford, breathed a sigh of relief, jumped in the ford, and realized, my folder was still in the hyundai. I was so provoked at myself I could have screamed. Went to my meeting, told them my tale, they all just laughed and said, "yep, true fibro fog".

I was talking to my sister tonight on my cell phone. We were trying to figure out a date that she could come visit. I knew my cell phone had a calendar under the organizer and I started to say, dang it, where is my cell phone i need to find the calendar,.......then i realized it was right in my hand next to my ear.......

My husband doesn't have FM but lends moral support because he was running late for work, hunting all over the house for his keys, only to finally stop when he heard a jingle and realized he had them in his teeth because his hands were full..........

I could write a whole lot more but unfortunately the brain fog has kicked in big time and all i can remember is that i've been really ditzy lately.

Have a great evening all!!!

Lis
  20. cmc123

cmc123 New Member

I am having lots of fun reading and nodding my head agreeing with sooo many of these things you guys have done!

The laughter has been wonderful and so has seeing that I'm not the only one that has these problems! Thanks for sharing so candidly everyone!

And thanks for the concern about the straighter on my face with my fibro fog morning! It was just a cream straightener you put on each time before drying your hair so, lucky for me, no, it doesn't burn.
    And NO :( didn't do a darn thing to straighten out these wrinkles on this face of mine either....LOL
    Connie