OT:Zenouchy, how's the neighbor's barking dogs?Better?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by forfink, Nov 10, 2006.

1. forfink

forfink New Member

Just wondering if your furry friends next door stopped barking? Has your life gotten any quieter? Everyone gave such wonderful advice.
  2. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Bumpety bump
  3. forfink

forfink New Member

4. sues1

sues1 New Member

I wonder about this also......
  5. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I live in the next subdivision from Zenouchy. I have the ignorant, immature, disrespectful punks living behind me that encourage their dogs to bark. Mine situation hasn't gotten any better. I called the police about 30 minutes ago. The police must be tired of going over to their house about loud parties, dogs barking, family arguments at midnight in the back yard! I have the scourage of the neighborhood living directly behind me. We have SMALL lots. All of this is going on less than 50 feet from our bedroom window.

The barking has been going on and off since 3 PM today. It is midnight right now and the dogs are out there barking because the owners and the friends are out in the back yard egging the dogs to bark. I think the owners are probably smoking a pungent weed again too.

I wish a meteor would fall on that house with the two of them in it.
  6. marsupialmama

marsupialmama New Member

I hope you both get your problem sorted out soon. I once lived next door to the "scourge of the neighbourhood." barking dogs, pungent weeds, family fights out in the street and a stinky house too, oftentime I couldn't open my windows in summer b/c of the stench.

In the end I moved away. Clear across the ocean!

As far as I know they are still there.

Wishing you an easier solution, and a quick one too!
  7. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Dear Joyfully, please see my response to you at the bottom of my response. Thanks all so much for inquiring, my situation has improved a little bit, at least temporarily. I think the owners of the dog were on vacation last week because I didn't hear one bark....what a wonderful break! They're back this week and things seem a little better, although it's only been a few days. We'll have to see how it goes over time. Our lousy noice ordinance law really limits us here, as Joyfully will attest to.

When I called our sherrif's department and asked if they could help, they were very nice but said that this would be a matter for the Humane Society, and they passed on my info. So, the Humane Society said all they could do is see if the dog was being taken care of properly. (They wanted to help more but were also constrained by the noise ordinance law!) Basically, the noise ordinance law is a joke, so they can't do anything unless the dog is barking at 3am.

The property owners are restricted by other laws. I followed up with them as well. They've sent out a letter, and by law, they have to give the neighbors a solid THIRTY DAYS (!) to let the situation improve. If there's no correction after that time, they'll send a 2nd letter. If there's no correction after the 2nd letter is sent, they will send a 3rd letter in 2 weeks and the neighbors will be fined. They also referred me to the Humane Society. There's not much you can do when the laws stink, but I'm trying the best I can! **Thanks so much everyone for the great suggestions and support!**

JOYFULLY, I was thinking about your situation. I'm wondering if you can approach yours from a different angle. If I'm understanding your situation correctly, it sounds like your neighbors often provoke you purposely?? If that's the case, that sounds like HARASSMENT (!), which is obviously unlawful. If the police have been out there several times and have documented it (thereby proving it), I'm wondering if you can hire a lawyer and sue them for their harrassing activities?!

I am so TICKED at your neighbors on your behalf. I would consider suing them. I don't know if that would make an unstable situation even more unstable, but, they are jerks. Some food for thought anyway. Hope it gets much better for you.

Warmly, Erika

[This Message was Edited on 11/13/2006]