OTAnother FMer that lost their SO to this DD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovinlifeinAK, May 2, 2006.

1. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

I can not beleive it. We are best friends, he has been supportive, except no intimancy since I gained weight last year (due to cysts on the ovaries, and them not working). Last Saturday he said it is not working.

Though oh joy I have as much time as I need to find a place. Just FYI he owns the house. So my kids do not get all worked up right at the end of school, we decided that in the best interest of them to wait till school was over.

I did luck out in getting my old house back!! Which is bigger than his house, and it is the kids dads home that he grew up in and helped his dad build. OK I have vented, and I feel better. I just HATE moving!!
  2. neen85

neen85 New Member

After the last time (2001),I gave up and decided not to date untill I was well enough to function and have my own income. I am so sorry that happened to you! It breaks one's heart when you do the best you can and it still isn't "good enough". Daneen
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm so sorry this is happening to you....

I'm guessing you're not married which means you can't take him to the cleaners, right?

I'm glad you got your old house back, something familiar for the kids and you too.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  4. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

I'm going through a BRUTAL divorce right now.

Seventeen years of marriage and I found out three years ago that he's been cheating on me for years - all the while pretending that he's a "martyr" for staying with his poor, sick wife!

He's playing the victim right now because I "ruined his life"..

..if I had a quarter for every time I begged him to leave me when I first got sick, I could pay for my own attorney!

There are good men out there, mine just couldn't deal, and wouldn't leave because it would "look bad". How SAD!

Good luck!

julie (is free!)

You won't get the chance
    to prove who's right or wrong
    You'll just get the chance to
    prove what's gone..

- Radney Foster
  5. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

I have my moments of being down. Sorry to here someone else is going through a break up. I think that men stink right now.

My ex-husband cheated on me, and now the boyfriend doesn't like the way I look!!! Jeez....doesn't a good heart count anymore?

6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

We don't alway know where life will take us I'm sorry for the hurt that you are going through now.Things happen in there own time.When I got my divorce,My girls and I entered a special period where we did a lot of things together and really got to know each other.(((((((hugs)))))) Linda
  7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I hope the move will not be too rough on you and the kids...focus on getting better and on your kids. Love, Terri
  8. pam112361

pam112361 New Member

I'm sorry that this is happening to you and your kids but it may be for the best. The move and settling in will be tough, but then you can rest for a bit and not have to worry about whether you are pleasing a man or not.

I, for one, have decided that if anything ever happens to my relationship with my husband, that I will never have another man in my life. It may sound bitter, but no one will ever prove to me that having a man in my life is a necessity.

On second thought, maybe a rich man with one foot in the grave and a house where he has his own wing way far away. That might work!

Best Wishes!
    Pam
  9. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Another slap in the face!:>(

It cannot be just because of the illness. If he truly loved you he would stay with you to support you thru this.
    With love and understanding!!

So it is not your fault,not because of the sickness.It issues that he is'nt dealing with!!

God Bless you and your children, for the pain he has caused!!

gentle hugs!
    Jordane