otanyone in california know how to break apt lease

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 69mach1, Sep 15, 2006.

1. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i just got my section 8 voucher...but my current lease technically isn't up until the end of may next year...

i wanted to do a walk through before i signed it...but assistant manager was too busy...said just sign it then i can write down things that are wrong w/it..then they will fix them. they had it dirty urine all over bathroom..dirty etc...toilet has major cracks in it...maintenance man said turn the water off when it breaks...closet doors never worked in my son's room...still they have not fixed them.

first off i found out i have no heaters in any of the bedrooms. and due to the fibro/arthiritis etc...it gets cold in there and i can't move and hurt etc...

i found a condo w/washer and dryer in the unit heaters in bedrooms etc....

so now that i have my section 8 voucher in hand i found this man that said over the phone i sounded like i was someone he would like to rent to..but hasn't done the section 8 voucher before...but said they would be willing to accept one...and is going to investigate some more...

already talked to his wife earlier today and said they would take section 8 voucher...

so i wondered if i could legally get out of my lease because of no adequate heat in my bedroom...i would have to open up my door and my 16 year old almost 17 year olds son door at night to get heat in there..

any help or ideas of how to get out of my lease and not be totally out...?

maybe rockgor or someone else from california have any good solutions...

thank you for any imput

jodie
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

There must be a local renters or Legal Ad Society on
    Marin County. How soon would the other place be avail-
    able? I know that this managment company has to be in
    violation of more than one code or another for not having
    heat in the place. Think that would be an out for you if
    you wish. Suggest you log on to Craigslist Legal on line
    form for thoughts on this matter. Also whats going on in
    the City this weekend!

Let me know what you find! Will get info on Sports Bars
    from my Bud in Mill Valley tomorrow, "K"?

Nighty Nite,
    MRDAD
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I would go to the website of the "State of California Tenants Rights".

There are laws for tenant protection. You might find useful information.

I did go to the website and they have a entire booklet on PDF format on tenants rights.

Perhaps you will have a good reason to get out of your lease if they have violated the law and you can file a complaint with the state.

Rather than deal with your complaint and the "State", they might just let you move.
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Fraid you know more about the subject than I do. I have never had a lease.

When I was in law school they did not teach landlord-tenant law. Maybe schools do nowdays. They've added a lot of subjects lately like environment law, entertainment law, employment law, etc.

Hope you can get it all worked out w/o too much trauma.
  5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Think PVLADY has some functional and informative suggest-
    ions! Think she is pretty smart and knowlegable on lots
    of stuff beyond that "Plastic Clothing" thing!

Wonder if she shops down on Folsom St here?

OK--I'm really gonna go beddy bye now!

MRDAD
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

mr.dad...

hey what's wrong w/the shops on folsom...i like felicity's shoe's on i think it is sutter street..shoes galore for every man or woman alive....

and guess who i saw getting clothing upstairs in there...?

jasmine bleeth...from bay watch...with richard grecko...too funny...this place has the scantilyclad articles upstairs...

and my friend and i were looking for clothes to where to the exotic erotic ball...and we were browsing around at this carousel of clothing...and i noticed this thin slender man looking at the clothes. then looking at me..but i ignored him...i was married at the time...

richard had this look on his face like "don't you know who i am, look on his face?" then i picked out some things to try on...went to the so called dressing room area...well i went in tried my things on came out to show my friend and mr. richard grecko says that looks hot...a you have a nice body thing...i just said thank you..

then out walks his gf, jasmine bleeth...in her attire...oh my god! the cellulite on her legs were bad to the bone..and i hardly even recognized her...i felt really sorry for her...to be with such a jerk like him...but months later she got busted in detroit for cocaine...

so that really explained her appearance...

laugh harder now...is when he went to buy her her sexy wear....the lady behind the counter said mr. grecko your card has been declined...

you think these movie stars would have a good credit card..

that must've been embarrasing for him..because he had them try another one...declined..finally it worked out..

that was when nash bridges was being filmed in san francisco..

i think pvlady is brighter than both of those two put together personally...

so this weekend..oh today saturday at noon ex inl's and exhb are coming over at noon to pick me up...then we will go get them a hotel for sunday down the street here in novato...then at 1 is cody's football game...

and now on sunday that condo i looked at...the hb called and wanted me to come meet him on sunday around 4:30 5 pm... he is having a grape picking party earlier that day...

he said i sounded like someone they would really like to rent to... he asked about section program and how it worked..told about the housing authority website....etc..

he said he has had a couple of people call and really said i sounded like someone they would like there...

now i have cody saying...i don't want to move...i really like it here..it is close to his gf...and i(mom) wants to move because i don't like his gf.. i said just because i need to go number 2 does that mean i don't like his gf...i he said all his friend are down here...and his gf is here...this place is about a mile down the road...she is going to be 16 in about a month...or less.. she will be getting her driver's license as well..and her parents already have a car for her to drive...

i just haven't exactly told him i am thinking for sure i will be getting a new car for myself and then he can use my station wagon...

and i reminded him all of his football bud's are down by the other place and i need to think of my future...

he comes back you always only think of yourself...

i am such a selfish mother...i better stop driving him to school and back...mean mommy!..the one who stays up late talking on the board to my friends when i should be studying or sleeping...

the gull of me...

jodie
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i didn't even have the shower curtain rod up for over 6 days..no t/p roller...

toilet tank bowl ready to break any minute...i think i already mentioned that...paint slopped all over the tracking of the bedroom closet tracks...so now both doors are not on the track and the m.m. had to fix the door he closes so he can get dressed privacy because it wouldn't even close at all..

i do have two wall heaters one in the living room and one in the hallway outside of the bathroom and bedrooms..they are gas heaters... i guess they expect me to leave the doors open all night long...

i was taught close the doors in case of a fire...touch the door to test it to see if it is hot before you open it...

so by writing everthing that was wrong when i moved in....after i signed the lease...should be proof of them not showing me the place first...and it was not in proper move-in order...

fair housing will be hearing from me on monday..thank you so much

jodie

i was going to get a dr's not stating it was not medically good for me to live there because i can not get adequate heating in my bedroom...etc...

i think i will type up another letter for request for the closet doors to be fixed as well as the commode...

well thank you for your time.

jodie
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

yes section 8 has their own definitions...

i even left out that the tile in the bathroom is cracked all over..makes me wonder about water damage...

and paint chip...i wrote it all done...

jodie
  9. mrdad

mrdad New Member

You are a Character! Love your stories! They are always
    interesting. The credit card thing is great. Most of these
    celebraties are really full of themselves--CKBALL'S boy-
    friend is an exception! Right Carla? His card was most
    likely maxed out on "nose candy" for he and his Honey!

Sounds as if your condo man is very interested in having
    you rent from him. Ya didn't happen to wear those #4 Levis
    right out of the dryer??

Sounds like you have a full day! Cody ain't gonna care
    where you live in a couple more years! Just do what you
    have to in making your own life more pleasant and comfort-
    for today and your longer term future.

"Talk" later,
    MRDAD
    [This Message was Edited on 09/16/2006]
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

and a cute top...

i didn't even meet the potential landlord....i know he must be an insurance agent from his phone message..farmer's insurance...

yes, i figue the same thing cody isn't going to care in a few years anyways...

and his gf will get her d..l and like she told me once she gets that she won't ever be home she's driving allover...
    spoiled brat...so i guess she may think she will be at my house all the time...she's got another coming...they can go to the library, the park, the beach, i don't care where...but not at my house everyday and night..

and geogiac c that is a last resort...

i think plan is to contact fair housing and take it from there....

i have no heaters in my bedrooms...and i keep the door closed and so does my son his...they never even changed out the toilet seat...rust on towel bar...paint slopped all over the place...i know those things don't make is inhabitable...just not nice looking...

jodie