OTC Sleep Aids...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by twerp, Sep 27, 2005.

1. twerp

twerp New Member

Hi, I know a lot of people here use prescriptions for sleep.

I'm wondering if anyone uses any of the over-the-counter products. I have a problem getting to sleep, and staying asleep, on an occasional basis.

Thanks & Hugs,
    Twerp
  2. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I use a prescription. A mixture of elevil and librium. My dh, on the other hand, takes Tylenol p.m. just about every night now - this is something new to him, he's NEVER had problems sleeping before.

The tylenol allows him to sleep for about 6 hrs.
  3. gnanny

gnanny New Member

I take trazadone for sleep but sometimes need a little more help. Last night was one such time. I had over done it and my feet, knees and legs were letting me know it. When I still was awake by nearly midnight I took the new liquid tylenol pm. Its liquid like nyquil only this is flavored vanilla. Well the flavor is not its best point. I liked the idea of liquid so it would go to work quickly. Worked well.

I still was aware that my legs hurt through the night but was able to get back to sleep. Slept better than I have for awhile.

Worked well for me on one of 'those' nights where ordinarily I wouldnt have gotten any sleep.
  4. fificat

fificat New Member

the walmart brand sominex and it works fine for me.. just as well as the Rx meds do...

sharlie
  5. twerp

twerp New Member

You guys are the best!

Thought about asking the pharmacist, but then decided to go with the experts!

Hugs,
    Twerp
  6. Nanledaroe

Nanledaroe New Member

Tylenol PM is just tylenol with benadryl added.
  7. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

I take Excedrin PM and it is stronger than, Tylenol PM ! It works pretty good for me --I combine one PM with one Klonopin and that does it for me. Sometimes I use Melatonin with that combo.
    Shirley
  8. spasco

spasco New Member

I have tried OTC's including Benedryl. They help, in combo with Ambien, but not alone. I am now trying Melatonin. It may be helping, but I'm not ready to say yes or no yet.

God bless! Stephanie