OTC Vicodin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clementyne, Dec 26, 2011.

1. clementyne

clementyne New Member

I just heard that hydrocodone may soon be sold as an OTC medication. Has anyone else heard this? I Googled it but couldn't find anything.

Seems like such a bad idea to me - but perhaps I don't know all the particulars.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. May 2012 see us well rested, pain free, of a clear mind & with restored lives!

2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Haven't heard anything. Doubt this would happen as it seems they want to take away pain meds.

2012 could it be our yr?

just saw a new pain pain ZOHDYDROCONE-stronger than hydrocondone its timed release and they are trying to stop its release. [This Message was Edited on 12/27/2011]
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Mentioned that the DEA is going after hydrocodone as it is abused second only to oxycontin. It is the time-release forms which addicts use to crush for an instant high. So, if hydrocodone is sold OTC, it will likely be the fast-acting form.

FL is full of pain clinics where addicts have an easy time getting drugs. The DEA is trying to close down these places. It is making it even more difficult for those with legitimate pain meds needs to get prescriptions. I know people hate the idea of "Big Brother Government," but if they go ahead with the database, it will likely turn up abusers and pill mill-clinics and get them out of the way of those with real needs.

Love, Mikie
  4. nleer

nleer Member

I haven't heard that, but I did hear they are making a more potent form of Vicodin that is by prescription and will be available soon.

I know some organizations were worried about people getting hooked on it.

I take morphine Sulfate and only take it when needed. My pain is more than I can handle sometimes.

I had heard that people with Fibro tend to lack the natural morphine that our own body produces!! I wonder if that is why it works so well in most of us?

Here's to good health and finding a good doctor in 2012!!
  5. clementyne

clementyne New Member

Yes! I am praying 2012 will be a better year for all of us!

My Dr. said last time, the next step in controlling my pain would be Oxy (I don't remember which one) but if the Savella keeps working with no side affects I don't think that will be necessary.

I know what you mean about not being able to handle the pain sometimes. I try very hard not to let this DD destroy my life but sometimes the pain is just too much!

I know I heard about the Vicodin on one of the morning shows but I have tried looking it up on the internet & can't find anything. Well, I doubt if that would happen anyway.

I have been unhappy with my Dr. for a while now but the last time I saw him I felt like he 'got it'! So maybe I won't have to find a new one.

Be Blessed,