OTGave my 2 week notice on Friday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kaiasmom, Jul 3, 2006.

1. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

Boy that felt good! Now, the only problem is that the only people even talking to me are the two men in the office! My manager, who I once (like last week) considered a close friend, is giving me the cold shoulder - barely speaking to me, except when she has to for work purposes.

I tell you, nothing makes you feel loved & appreciated like being treated this way. I thought it was bad before - I guess for some reason I thought we could all act like adults here - I am, continuing to do my best work for my final two weeks, to get all of "my work" caught up.

But no, I should have known better. My manager had to go and tell my boss, who doesn't like me and is one of the main reasons I quit, all of the things I told her in confidence, and asked her not to share. I guess that's probably why she isn't talking to me - maybe it's the guilt.

Well, I guess in the end it doesn't matter - I'm just not sure how I'm going to make it through the next 2 weeks, working so closely with someone who is being so cold, and who used to be so close.

Oh well, such is life. I just need to remove this knife from my back, and I'll be ok. I have an interview on Friday, and hope to set up some more this week. Wish me luck!! I know I'll be ok, just one more obstacle to overcome along the way.

Take care,

Leanne
  2. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Yea! You did it. The best way to hang on is to keep in your mind that this is the LAST of it and it will end FOREVER after your last day.

That was the only thing that kept me going when I had to get out of the job from hell.

Best wishes in your hunt!

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  3. darvick

darvick New Member

I'm happy your getting out of there! I got fired from my job 3 years ago and can't work because of this fibro, and back probs. Im glad you can still work cause fighting disability is a struggle.
    Hugs
    Dar
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

place

jodie
  5. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

(In more ways than one!) LOL

I hope your last days aren't too uncomfortable.
    It's a shame your manager turned out to be a butthead.

Getting the letter would be good, if you can, but just remember...it is against the law for an employer to divulge any information other than the "facts" to potential employers, no opinions allowed.

example: dates of employment, salary, job title, etc.

And from what I understand they are only supposed to give yes/no answers. I had an employer lie about me one time and I wrote him and copied the letter to his boss to say that if this continued I would file charges again them.

I never heard anything again. Just FYI to protect yourself.

Good luck!
  6. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi,
    Good luck finding a new wonderful job!One where people appreciate you for your hard work and matureness! If it gets too bad, just quit. There is only so much you can subject yourself to. It is not good for your health to get yourself so upset. I applaud you for being able to continue to work as it is!

Good for you!
    Kellyann
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Leanne:

Maybe you can get some rest now before planning on what you will do next, if anything. Disability? Another job? Etc?

It is nice to know your 'friend' is showing her true colors.
    Now you know.

Have some time off and enjoy!

nyrofan