Other life complications

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tjwestie1, Aug 26, 2008.

1. tjwestie1

tjwestie1 New Member

Does any one know if there is a connection between PTSD and FM? I have them both and I am in a daily war both in body and in spirit. Any does anyone know what the progression of this DD is in the long picture. I seem to be getting worse with each year that passes, I guess that is what I have to look forward too. I can't shop for very long, pain sets in, fatigue sets in and I pay for at least 2 days after. Some times all I do is sleep for 2 days in a row, I call it my crash time and my husband can always see it coming. It ain't fun. I feel like I am being robbed of a normal life and it is ust flyin by as we speak.
  2. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I think that it can definetely trigger the fibro. There are so many things out there that can turn it on. I had PTSD back in 94' but didn't have fibro until just a few years ago. I was in chronic pain, residual from two shoulder surgeries.

Yes, I think many people on the board would agree that it is progressive or at least it changes. What hurts today might not be where it hurts in a year from now.

Most of us pay heavily if we overdue it. Fatigue is the worst to me. I have what I need to get the pain under control but just have to grab a good book, crawl under the covers and take a nap if the fatigue sets in. I have kind of found out what my limits are though and I try not to go overboard.

It is a huge adjustment to make and I can see why you feel like you are being robbed of a normal life. But hey, what is a normal life anyway? It is just that I think of it as a life change. I do things now that I never could if I were working or completely healthy. I have more time to spend on my spiritual life. I do alot of research on the computer for myself and my son who is in film school. I sew and paint watercolors on my good days. I have learned to slow down and enjoy the simple things. I wouldn't wish this disorder on anyone but it is what it is.

I am glad you came here to vent because we all need to every now and then. This is the best place that I have found to research and learn about my fibro. These people are the best and so helpful. Blessings, P