Other meds?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by emttoni, Jan 21, 2003.

1. emttoni

emttoni New Member

Does anyone know if there are other anti depressants they can give for cfs? I think the Prozac isnt working any more plus I feel its put me into a real blue funk here the last few days. I will be seeing the dr again on Thursday this week and plan on bringing this up to him also. (Its already on my list of things to talk to him about - I just hope I can remember the list)! lol. Best wishes to all ~ Toni
  2. CATLADY912

CATLADY912 New Member

Hi, I take Effexsor and have been on it for quite along time. I like it not only for the depression part but it also helps me not to overeat. It was given to me in the beginning mostly for depression and to get rid of the complusion to overeat. And it has helped with both. I really like it . Now I have had to increase my dosage over the years due to stress factors like the suscide of my father, the death of my best friend from breast cancer, turmoil with my son's girlfriend, now his wife, for awhile, but that has gone now and a few other things but now I'm have decreased my usage to one less a day for awhile to see how far down I can come now that I know that I have fibro and all those lazy days of no energy and other symptoms were from a reason. I don't know if you can take effexsor but its out there and it worked for me. There are two or three brand new ones out now because my son and dauther-in-law are on them. Hope you get on a good one. Prozac worked for me for only a little while. Good Luck and I'm sure you will remember everything. If not, you will remember it next time. CATLADY912/ Janice
  3. JP

JP New Member

Hello Toni,

I have good results with Effexor XR. You may just need an increase in the Prozac. The Effexor XR was given to me to help with chronic back pain and pain related depression.

I wish you the best...Jan
  4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I was given Effexor last year and really like it. I have no side effects and it does help. I hope this helps you.

Annette2