Other than Drs. appts, Can you plan ahead?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowee, Jul 30, 2006.

1. meowee

meowee New Member

I no longer can plan ahead to go anywhere. I don't even plan my grocery trips until that day to see how I feel.

Are any of you kind people in the same boat?

Of course, I try to be on time for all my medical appt.s in hopes I get some good news and words of encouragement.

Good luck and thanks
  2. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

It is really hard for me to get up in the mornings and sometimes I have had to take my MOm to her doctor's appointments at 8 am, I know taht it is not that early but for me it is..

SO when I have to do things like that I try to go to bed early the night before and I try to relax more so I don't stress about it.

YOU can do what ever you put your mind to it. YOu just have to take it slow and only go out for short trips at first. You don't want to over do it and then you will not want to try again.

I have to push my self emotionally to do things that I don't normally do. It is hard to start doing things at fist.... But the more you set your mind to it the better you wil get..But don't beat your self up when you have planned something and then you don't feel good enough to do it. If you don't feel well then don't push it. Do the things you can when you can and add activities as you can.

Don't stress over it.. You will be able to do it, just take baby steps ,

HUGS TO YOU,
    Rosemarie
  3. artseyone

artseyone New Member

Meowee,
    I feel for you as, I, too, cannot plan in advance because if I do, I may let others down.
    This has caused me a lot of emotional pain for I love being out doing things...
    Believe me my mind cannot jump over matter..
    For about 20 years I pushed and pushed. I had a career, went back to the university for another undergrad degree and 2 Masters...
    All of a sudden my body said, "NO!" And, I am a positive person..I would love to do volunteer work but am told because of may condition it's difficult to sign up as I might not be able to show up.
    It's not a matter of being positive and making yourself just do it...

I am speaking w/the voice of someone who was diagnosed 21 years ago and am getting the very best medical help ever..
    I meditate and try to take care of my spirit.
    Sometimes I have to miss church because of the pain or because I'm exhausted and have to sleep..

I am supposed to be a full time working artist and have studied to do this, yet, my studio time is limited due to fms..

I hear you and agree,
    Artseyone
  4. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

plan to do something with someone, I make sure they understand that I will try not to let them down, but with this DD there is a possiblity that I may not be able to do it.

I use to be so dependable, but that been several years ago now.

Barb
  5. No, I try sometimes like this past weekend to do something fun, but woke up hurting so bad, so I didn't do much of anything.
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I cant plan ahead but I do, just dont know if I'm going to be able to carry the plans out.

I often have to cancel my doc appointments and get a telephone appointment instead.

Still keep planning though, sometimes I'm actually able to do what I planned. If there are other people involved I always tell them I might not make it and most times I dont.

love
    Rosie
  7. Marta608

Marta608 Member

What are they? lol

Actually, I do attempt to put together some sort of a plan for the week; that is, what I really need to get done. Then I do one thing a day, as I can, if I can.

Today I have to go to the City again to look for a new refrigerator - and it's going to be very near 100 today. But no choice on this one unless I want all my food frozen. This means, of course, that tomorrow's attempt to grocery shop may not get done.

But Thursday I have cataract surgery (in one eye - the other later in the month) and everything this week is geared to get me to that.

Marta
  8. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I planned all week last week to got to a party with my husband.I got a new dress, had my hair done and Sat came .

I was in to much pain to go, so again I felt like a creep letting him down. He says its no big deal he understands but it really upsets me.

I just have to take things when I can, planning takes to much out of me.
  9. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Ok...I cant help but laugh at myself when it comes to planning ahead.

I do try to plan things ahead of time, but it rarely works. I cannot predict the pain and fatigue, but I do try. I usually end up cancelling whatever it is I planned ahead of time, or forget it totally forget it all together. Darn fibro fog!!!

Hey, atleast I try! LOL!

Stephanie

Oh and did i mention...my calendar is filled! Not like that helps much![This Message was Edited on 07/31/2006]
  10. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

I try to make any plans to begin late morning or early afternoon. Early mornings and late afternoons tend to be difficult for me.
  11. Empower

Empower New Member

I am the same way

I find that to be SOOOOOOOOOO FRUSTRATING

Most people don't understand