other than pain,what symtoms do u have?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 27andhurting, Sep 16, 2005.

1. 27andhurting

27andhurting New Member

I have constant pain, but it seems like every 3 months, I lose a symptom or gain a new one. So far, its been restless leg, irritable bowel, and insomnia. What else is possible?
  2. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

I am always in pain because of RSD plus Fibro and Restless Leg Syndrome. Besides the pain there is memory loss due to Rsd/Fibro fog, poor balance, legs sometimes will buckle, dizziness, stiffness, heaviness of limbs, swelling...I know there is more but that's all I can recall at the moment.
  3. teej81

teej81 New Member

I know what u mean about gaining and losing symptoms. Every time I see my rhumatologist the symptoms have changed. I haven't seen him in a year because he has begun to be really insensitive to my difficulties...as if i am faking it. i seem to be developing irritable bowel, deal with insomnia on a regular basis, the "fog," restless leg, constant pain. I am a college student working my way through. it has been tough.
  4. rrsbaby

rrsbaby New Member

I have all of the symptoms in the two previous replys. I have always been told by Dr. that FM mimics other illnesses. And I believe it 25 years later...

rrsbaby
  5. KJ2003

KJ2003 New Member

Pain is a vague word that we all use to describe how we are feeling. It's just an easy word to use, no matter how diverse the symptoms.

I hope I can explain this well.

There is an achiness all through my body, flu-like without all the other symptoms of flu, and it eats at my energy. You know how it feels like when you are really sick and your body downshifts and all you can do is sleep it off? Without medication, it feels as if I am literally carrying weights inside of my body because of the achiness all through my body, which exhausts me.

This is the main issue that, without medication, keeps me from being able to give my all to anything. This is the main problem that, without medication, would eventually lead me to leave my job. This is what keeps me from getting up just to wash the dishes. It is painful and it is exhausting and it is hard to catch a break from it.

Those who have severe Fibro will understand what I am talking about. It is something I wouldn't wish on anyone and, at times, when I can't fight anymore, it frustrates me to no end.

Between the above and dealing with the upper portion of my back, which feels like its on fire and hurts due to severe arthritis, ruptured disks, pinched nerves and bone spurs plus dealing with sciatic pain in my legs (mainly my left leg)...it's a difficult balancing act.

Needless to say, I am VERY thankful to God to have a great husband, a great daughter and a great doctor. In spite of all the difficulties, I am a very blessed woman. I am loved.

Chin up,

Kim
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I have extreme fatigue. That is my worst symptom. I have other illnesses so have problems due to those, but the fog and memory problems, fatigue, burning shoulders from folding clothes, are my worst that I can think of beside the pain, of course.

Have had FMS for 10 years.

Hugs,
    Faye
  7. brit_17759

brit_17759 New Member

Brain fog, insomnia on a regular basis, constant fatigue, restless leg, IBS, tingling, pins and needles, the feeling of hundreds of insects crawling on my body, numbness in arms and legs from time to time and also numbness just in toes and fingers at times, sensitivity to the cold, stiffness through my body especially in the morning and when sitting down for long periods. Some days the stiffness in my hips is so bad I can hardly walk. Dizziness, heavy feeling in my limbs

Plus I have degenerative disc disease and 5 herniated discs
    in my neck.

But I am blessed, I have the great and much needed support, love and understanding of my fantastic husband and three wonderful children.

hugs
    brit

PS forgot to mention the weight gain!

[This Message was Edited on 09/16/2005]
  8. Kourysgranny

Kourysgranny New Member

and on and on and on ...... with me. The achiness is always present to some degree. The true pain(in varying degrees)usually depends on what I have been doing. If I lift my precious 2yr old grandson, I'll pay dearly that evening, I do it anyway, somedays it's my only joy! I truly believe that if it weren't for him and my husband, son, and daughter, this illness would drive me to suicide! (NO I'm not suggesting or thinking about it!) This is simply how I feel. The list goes on... irritable bowel, osteoarthritis in the back, restless leg, piriformis syndrome, high blood pressure, GERD, herniated disks, "fibro feet"(this may be one of the absolute worse problems), fatigue that comes and goes but when it comes, it comes hard and fast! I have pain in one place today and somewhere else tomarrow. I'll probably die from something because I just figure it's fibro related and ignore it! Sad but I'm afraid very true!
    In case you couldn't tell, it's been a week from H..... and I am venting. Thanks for listening! God bless this board.

Granny

P.S. I forgot to mention, I catch every little sniffle, cold, flu, etc, within 5 miles of me!!!!!!!! ARGGGGGG!!![This Message was Edited on 09/16/2005]