Others Experiences

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pharmbuyer, Dec 14, 2002.

1. pharmbuyer

pharmbuyer New Member

I was just wondering if anyone has had the same experience that I've had. I'm a 30 year old male who had been taking various types of anti-depressant/anxiety medications for the past 2 years. About 5 months ago, my Dr. put me on Effexor and it has seemed to do quite well for me (as long as I take it regularly). I've been keeping up with all of my doses, but recently I took a turn for the worse and fell into a depression, while on my meds. Is this normal? Has anyone else had this experience? Just wondering.
  2. pharmbuyer

pharmbuyer New Member

I was just wondering if anyone has had the same experience that I've had. I'm a 30 year old male who had been taking various types of anti-depressant/anxiety medications for the past 2 years. About 5 months ago, my Dr. put me on Effexor and it has seemed to do quite well for me (as long as I take it regularly). I've been keeping up with all of my doses, but recently I took a turn for the worse and fell into a depression, while on my meds. Is this normal? Has anyone else had this experience? Just wondering.
  3. JP

JP New Member

Hello and welcome...I have found Effexor to work quite well for my chronic pain related depression. I am on a very high dose, 300mg per day. I have been on this high of dose for about 7 months now and have been taking Effexor XR for about two years total. I have had some depression and nothing more than a few days at a time. Sometimes I just can no longer handle my back pain on the emotional level, even with the good medicine, exercise, loving friends, family, and the care I give myself. I think it is just the nature of chronic pain and related conditions/diseases. They affect us on every level and we are somehow forced to constantly seek balance (in my humble opinion).

Take care,
    Jan
  4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I had the same problem you did. I was taking 75 mg. of Effexor. Everything was fine until I went into another depression. I went to my doctor, and he increased the dose up to 225 mg. per day. Depression went away! How much Effexor are you taking? You need to talk to your doctor about upping your dose if you're taking a low dose. Good luck!!!!

Annette2
  5. pharmbuyer

pharmbuyer New Member

I'm on a 175mg dose. My doc said that we might have to up the dose after awhile, but I was hoping that I wouldn't have to. I plan on visiting with him to see what he thinks. It was just kind of weird that I had been doing so well and then BOOM! My life spiralled into another episode of depression. Thanks for the advice.
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to the boards, do you have FM/CFS or depression only? This is the FM/CFS board, but we do have a special board for depression if you would like to visit it too.

Just go to the top of the page where it says; 'Message Boards', click there are it will bring you to an index of the available boards here at ImmuneSupport.

Again, welcome to the board, and hope we hear from you often!
    Shalom, Shirl