Others with CMV & Mycoplasma infections?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KimDC, Nov 12, 2005.

1. KimDC

KimDC New Member

I'm experiencing my worst relapse so far(4 years with CFS) and it seems to be due to CMV and Mycoplasma infections. Both Igm titers are sky high. I tried taking Doxycycline orally, but vomited for 3 days and ended up in the hospital for another 3 days. My PCP is unwilling to order IV antibiotics. I've also looked into the anti-virals for CMV, but the side effects may be more harmful than helpful. If any of you out there have experience with these infections, please drop me a line!
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

TF's are amazingly effective and because of that, they do elicit a strong immune response. The good news is that the capsules can be opened and you can start out slowly and increase slowly.

Get some general info on Transfer Factors and if your doc is willing to try them, he can contact ProHealth. They have a website for physicians but I can't remember the name of it. You might want to e-mail them and ask. The TF for mycoplasmas can only be ordered by a medical professional.

The TF C, TF 200, TF 100, TF Liver Plus, and the TF Nile all target CMV as well as other things. Check them out to see which one would best fit your needs.

Also, I have used my zapper for pathogens in the blood stream. I got mine from the Hulda Clark website and have been really pleased with it.

Good luck to you. BTW, Minocin, Zithromas, and Cipro are all effective against mycoplasma infections. I would not take the Cipro as the first drug of choice as it is really a heavy hitter ABX and many have reactions to it. I am allergic to fluoride and it is a fluoroqinaline so I cannot take it.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

In clearing up infections, but 400 mgs. a day is a bit higher than most docs use. Most use 100 mgs. twice a day.

Minocin, Zithromax, and Cipro are all effective against mycoplasmas. I would not choose the Cipro as the drug of first choice. It is a heavy hitter drug and has a higher percentage of patients who suffer allergies and/or adverse side effects than the other meds. I am allergic to fluoride and cannot take any fluoroquinolins.

Hope this helps.

Love, Mikie