OTHow Many Forum Members Does it Take to Change a Light Bulb?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by victoria, Oct 27, 2006.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

How Many Forum Members Does it Take to Change a Light Bulb?

* 1 to change the light bulb then post about it

* 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could've been changed differently

* 1 to move it to the Lighting folder

* 2 to argue and then move it to the Electrical folder

* 7 to point out grammar/spelling errors in post about changing light bulbs

* 5 to flame the spell checkers

* 3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

* 6 to argue whether it's a light bulb or lightbulb

* 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper tern is 'Lamp'

* 15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that 'light bulb' OR 'lightbulb' is perfectly correct, it just depends on what part of the country or world you come from

* 19 to post that this forum is NOT about lightbulbs and to please take the discussion to the lightbulb forum

* 11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use lightbulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

* 36 to discuss the dangers of changing light bulbs without a professional opinion

* 5 to post a disclaimer that they are not light bulb experts, nor do they play one on TV or have anything to do with the industry of making or selling of light bulbs, and that anyone planning on changing their own lightbulb should consult a professional

* 7 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs

* 4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then to post the correct URLs

* 3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

* 13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add, "Me too" at the very bitter end

* 5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy and/or it will be a long while before they can even think about checking back

* 4 to say, "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

* 13 to say, "Do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs."

* 1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again....

--------------

LOL sounds quite familiar . . .
  2. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Victoria!! I just about spit my coffee out on this one!! Too funny.... and too true!! : )
    lol!
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You've certainly shown us our folly and it is hilarious. The only group you left out is the ones claiming they are leaving because someone argued with them, the board is full of cliques and they feel left out, or because they really just want everyone to beg them to stay.

Thanks for holding up a very unflattering, but histerical, mirror that we can look at to see ourselves.

Love, Mikie
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

I can't take credit for it altho I did tweak it a bit here and there...

it was from the website 'about' on one of their forums... somehow I got it even tho I don't go on their forum.

You're right Mikie, those should be added...

this could keep going for a while, methinks...

LOLOL
    V
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I am sure this teaches us all a very valuable lesson, and we will all be better persons if we study and practice this rigorously.

I am going to a 12 step meeting tonight and will take this along for the group to discuss.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Bulb Changers Anonymous? I guess it would be good to have the wisdom to know what can be changed, including bulbs.

Love, Mikie
  7. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Victoria, lol, that is so funny, but true, lol,
    Hugs,
    sharonk
  8. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

How funny and how true! Thanks for the laugh and insight.
  9. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I think that people can get turned off by forums...because these things have bits of truth in them. That is a shame, because for the most part these places offer a great way to make friends and share experiences.
    I have an easy time overlooking the stuff that bugs me...but not everyone manages that so well.
    Thanks for the smile!
  10. Britt2

Britt2 New Member

This is killin me......way funny! Thanks so much Victoria...good one for sure
    Erika
  11. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Soooooooo Funny!!!

I wonder how many will leave with their knickers in a knot because they think you're talking specifically about them?

Hugs,

Nancy B
  12. ckball

ckball New Member

I loved it- gave me a smile to start my day with. Too funny! Carla
  13. MsE

MsE New Member

Thanks, Victoria. I don't think you left out anything!
  14. Scapper

Scapper New Member

THAT WAS GREAT!!!!! So funny.....SO TRUE :)

Nothing like getting the point across with humor!!

scapper
  15. findmind

findmind New Member

My answer is:

0, because we are all trying to sleep and don't need lightbulbs!

Very funny, real, silly, great post!
    Thanks.

findmind
  16. larryh

larryh New Member

I got 177 when I added it up so I guiess that makes it 178 withy me plus how ever many it takes to check my addition which would probably be a good idea.

Larry
  17. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I think it would take most of us to accomplish such a feat.

It's great to laugh at ourselves once in a while.
  18. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Thanks for ENLIGHTENING us. That was too funny!! Erika :)
  19. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

This has got to be one of my favorite posts ever!! PMSL!!!!

Thanks for the laughs!

Gretchen
  20. millennia

millennia New Member

They should make everyone on the board read this, to put a little perspective on things. Though I have to say, we're pretty good at letting people go for spelling mistakes, but

* 5 to post a disclaimer that they are not light bulb experts, nor do they play one on TV or have anything to do with the industry of making or selling of light bulbs, and that anyone planning on changing their own light bulb should consult a professional

* 19 to post that this forum is NOT about light bulbs and to please take the discussion to the light bulb forum

and

* 5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy and/or it will be a long while before they can even think about checking back

ring painfully true for this board sometimes. Oh and I think somebody already posted a topic about light bulbs (in 1983), you should do a search before you even think about posting a new topic and trying to get new information! LOL

P.S. - According to Google spellcheck, it is either light bulb or light-bulb.