OTish: Chicken Pox

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nerdieduckie, Oct 13, 2006.

1. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

Alrighty.
    I just found out my friend (who hugged me several times last night at a concert) has chicken pox. I've never had chicken pox, but I had the vaccine when I was little.

However. I have another friend who had the chicken pox vaccine and STILL got chicken pox a year or two ago, ended up in the hospital.

So, how at risk am I? The chicken pox is definitely something I don't need right now O_O
  2. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Wow! I don't really know. I guess you have to wait until the incubation period has passed to be sure you didn't get it.

You might find out how long the vaccine lasts.

I had it twice, so I don't wish it on anybody. Good luck.!!!

Terry
  3. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

4. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

She just found out she had the chickenpox yesterday. The concert was the night before :-
    She said she had been feeling under the weather since tuesday though, so oy >_<
  5. athome

athome New Member

Whoa! Chicken pox is bad news for people with compromised immune systems. The virus, herpes zoster, stays in your body after you've had chicken pox.I didn't know that until summer 2004. Then I came down with shingles from having been exposed to chicken pox at a time I was very exhausted.

I've had CFS and FM since 1990 but shingles was the most debilitating illness I have ever had. Now I still have severe nerve pain from the trigeminal nerve damage the shingles caused.

Best rule: keep your immune system as strong as you can. Nana
  6. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

She said the scabs were starting to form today, because she said she was going out later today and I was like O_O .

I have a very bad immune system. I get more than 100% of vitamin C everyday but I still catch everything. I'm scared to go out in public anymore, lol.
  7. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

That way if you start showing symptoms he'll be on top of it. Chicken Pox can be dangerous to peeps our age (adults).

I hope you have escaped it. Will say a prayer for you.

God Bless.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/14/2006]