OTkeep good thoughts for my daughter

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blueski31717, Nov 10, 2006.

1. blueski31717

blueski31717 New Member

Well spent 4 hours in ER with my daughter last night, it was a nightmare, so many people. Triage...ha....

She was hurting in her hip so bad I thought she had a fracture so we went to ER. Finally after 4 hours the doc said was or could be a pinched nerve but an x-ray doesn't really see what a MRI would so I am hoping is really just a pinched nerve. Am suppose to take her to see primary doc if gets worse. I am just afraid is her disease growing again..

She cried and I felt so bad I couldn't make it go away.. I am mom I am suppose to make it better aren't I ?

Didn't help the nurse was mean..I work there so you know I am going straight to the CEO and let him know how I felt about her.

Keep good thoughts for my baby.

blueski
  2. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

I'm so sorry you had a bad experience at the ER. I hope your daughter can find relief for the pain.

You'd think that since you work there also, you would be treated better than that. Can't blame you for reporting this incident.

You have enough to deal with, having FM, working, and raising a teenager with a bone disease. I hope you and your daughter get some rest today.

Prayers and well wishes sent your way.

sees
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

is not a fun place, is it? Seems you wait and wait forever. I'm sorry she's in pain- I'll be praying for you both. Take care and rest today.....Terri
  4. kbak

kbak Member

blueski,
    I find it so discouraging, especially with medical people, that it seems so many are without empathy! What has happened to people these days?

I'm so sorry for your daughter and the stress your going through. I really Pray she gets the relief she needs.

kbak

5. lptopcat

lptopcat New Member

I hope your daughter is feeling better. You both will be in my prayers

(((hugs)))

Theresa
  6. blueski31717

blueski31717 New Member

Thank you all for answering she is doing much better now. I have been off 3 days so I have been able to baby her.

Seeseaisme- I do not think she knew who I was I work in the nursing home connected to hosp. as a nurse.

Prickles- Thank you for your prayers.

Alaska3355- No never a fun time in ER believe me I had 2 boys 21/2 years apart who spent their childhood there lol

Jillstarr- so true about our babes hurting.

Kbak- Yes unfortunatly some of our medical personal forget their patients are human and not a number.

LPtopcat- Thank you for your prayers.

Once again thank all of you who responded, we had a bad couple of days but with your prayers and pain meds she is much better...

blueski

7. 143alan

143alan New Member

Hi Blueski!
    I understand your frustration with the ER. When my son has incredible pain and I want to take him because I'm not sure the pain is RND or something else, he refuses to go. He has been treated so badly over the years by doctors and nurses that he will not go anymore.

I'm so afraid that he will have something else wrong and won't get treated for it because of the RND. That is one of the problems with children who are in chronic pain or have JRA or RND as I'm sure you've seen since you work in the hospital. They can't tell if the pain in their foot is the pain they've always had or have they now broken it, you know what I mean. They get so use to being in pain.

My son has learned to mask his so well I have to really be attentive to know when he's beyond his tolerance limit and start questioning him.

I sure hope your daughter is a lot better and gets treated better the next time she has to go to the ER.
    Take Care
    Nancy

P.S. I also feel the same frustration and pain that as a mother I'm suppose to be able to help him more and make the pain go away. It breaks my heart when he hurts so bad that he cries. He's 15 now so that doesn't happen very often any more, but still does at times.