OTSaving Money on Food/Groceries

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lynnintn, Mar 22, 2007.

1. lynnintn

lynnintn New Member

I am reposting this info as I have found a way to cut my grocery bill by about 1/3. I buy a lot of my groceries through Angel Food Ministries. It is a non-profit organization nationwide. You do not have to be low-income to qualify. They have a different menu each month with lots of meat products. You get $75 worth of food for each $25.00 order. I get 2 boxes per month and it has cut my grocery bill by 1/3 (primarily b/c of the cheap meat). They also have extra specials, such as 8 steaks (rib-eye, t-bone, filet mignon) or huge boxes of fruit sometimes for only $18.00. They accept food stamps, cash and some sites take checks. Here is the link to the site to find a church near you where you can order the food:

It is too late to order for March but the April menu should be posted on the website: the home web addy is:

You have to prepay for your food approx. 2 weeks before the food is delivered to the host site usually a church).

I have no affiliation with this program and as I said, it is non-profit with all profits going to feed the needy. You can even buy a box of food and donate it to a needy person if you can afford to do so. I have not done that yet but am going to do so when I place my April order even though I cannot really afford it. I believe God blesses us when we help others less fortunate, even though I feel like I am the least fortunate person in the world sometimes. Am trying to be more positive about life, but it is so HARD sometimes.

2. California31

California31 New Member

Good to know about. Thank you.
  3. SweetT

SweetT New Member

I will be calling the two possibilities (churches)in my area. Wow, all that food for $43 (the main shipment is $25 and you can do an add-on for another $18)!

4. MDS114

MDS114 New Member

March was our 1st month using the food from Angel Food Ministies. The food was great! and as stated...you get a lot for your $25. The only "bad" part was when we went to pick up the food. We stood in line for about 20 minutes. It was a cold but sunny day, thank the Lord! For some that may be a problem & possibly other arrangements could be made with the church. Once inside it went very fast & we ordered again for April. This is a great way to save big $ on the grocery bill.
  5. lynnintn

lynnintn New Member

I posted this info on Angel Food Ministries as so many of us here are not working and having financial difficulties. I see so many posts since I joined about members barely having enough money for food, so I thought this was info I should share since it has helped me feed my family since I became unable to work.

Sorry, but still learning the rules!

6. PolarBear

PolarBear New Member

Thanks so much for posting this. I went to the site and discovered that there are no host churches in Nevada, darn it! Do you know if they plan on expanding?

[ advertisement ]