Ouch! I itch so much, my skin is going to fall off!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Saoirse3, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

I have tried everything known to mankind, both prescription and non and I think my skin is just going to fall off onto the floor. This itching is driving me mad!

I haven't started any new meds, changed anything at all in the house or been near any chemicals. I have a Rabbit Aire filter in the house and a humidifier. I've just about drowned myself in organic coconut oil, which seems to be about the only thing that gives me some relief. I've drank the equivalent of all the snow in Cordova. Nothing.

Anybody have any ideas? Before I jump in the river? LOL!

Soft hugs,
  2. rocky76

rocky76 Member

...some Zantac or the generic is Ranitidine....
    ...It will stop the histamine from going nuts in your system...
    ....I have a prescription but you can get it over the counter..
    ...I take 150 mg at night and in the morning....
    ..Benedryl did NOTHING for me....
    ...Walmart has ranitidine for $4.00 for 60 tablets of the 75 mg...
    ....right next to the Zantac...

3. rocky76

rocky76 Member

...I became allergic to that when all my itching started and whole
    ...body hives....
  4. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

My husband takes Allegra non-drowsy and that not only doesn't work, but makes my insomnia twice as bad. I swear, it's always SOMETHING with this DD!
  5. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

6. Kittyweird

Kittyweird New Member

I to, suffer from this. Gold Bond products are the only

things that I have found that bring me relief. I carry a tube of their anti-itch

cream in my purse. I always have a big bottle of their lotion at home as well as

the powder. I get an all over itchness & I also get skin yeast, which is an itch

7. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Gold Bond Powder works good too--Spend the extra and get the brand name.
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Helped not only my dried heels but when it got on my hands from rubbing it into my feet, I rubbed the extra around on my hands. I noticed it helped my arthritis a lot. Don't know what it might do for itching but when I saw "Gold Bond," I had to post about it.

Now, my peptide injections have stopped all the arthritis pain in my hands and wrists so the Gold Bond is just used for dry skin but it works wonderfully for that too.

Love, Mikie
  9. rocky76

rocky76 Member

..as that is what I'm on for my itching...
    ...Beadlady said not to take it but as I have 3 different Doctors
    ...that have me on it for my itching and skin problems I think
    ...they are correct...
    ....I'm not a doctor but I'm living proof that it works to stop the
    ....histamine from causing havoc in my system....
    ....I was first given a high power Benedryl and had to be rushed to
    ....the ER due to throat closing up from one pill...
    ....As of about 15 minutes ago the Doctors now are talking Lupus
    ....because of the skin problems .....
    .....so back to the lab I go for more blood work...
  10. healthy51

healthy51 New Member

You may wnat to avoid gluten. I had a most horrible itchy rash for many years. Once I stopped eating gluten it went away. Should I ingest any food contaminated with gluten, I get the rash back. It is the most intensely itchy rash ever and nothing I use helps. Although I just started using an essential oil blend that has seemed to help quiet the rash. (ingested gluten from food I was told did not have gluten in it, but obviously it did). THe blend is called soothing skin extra and contains Helichrysum, German Chamomile and Wildcrafted Lavender. About $28 but it has lasted for several weeks so far, and I still have more. It has been a life saver. It is supposed to be good for eczema and psoriasis as well as any skin condition. I do not have anything to do with the company, just started using it and find it really helps. I no longer wake up at night scratching between my fingers and all over my hands. I am going to try using it on other itchy parts of my body next.
  11. julie72

julie72 New Member

Try some gold bond anti itch lotion. It is in a green bottle with a red pump. I have found that the itching is not so much itching as it is peripheral over active nerves. The menthol in the lotions creates a cooling sensation that overpowers the itching sensation. Hope it helps!
  12. Picklington

Picklington New Member

Sounds very irritating! A friend of mine has similar symptoms and has just been told by a doctor that it could be due to low iron levels - his look OK but the doctor was insistent that it's very likely iron levels and said he needs to eat more green veg and take vitamin C. Apparently your body can't absorb iron properly if you don't have enough vitamin C.

Hope that helps
  13. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

taking Omega three oils (fish oil is esp good, but flax seed oil, walnuts, avocados, and olive oil are other good sources)