Ouch this really hurts

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by noraoooo, May 31, 2006.

1. noraoooo

noraoooo New Member

Hi all

I was wondering if any out there can help me with this incredible shart stabbing pain that I am getting when I walk It shoots up the top of my leg into my hip, I have fma so live with pain but this is bad anyone else have this any idea for relief I now have to use crutches to support me when I walk.

Thanks nora
  2. fairyborn

fairyborn New Member

I get this pain also, rhuemy said bursitis, when she put on Topamax it was a life save for this paid. It also could be caused from your spine which I just found this out. Rubbing Juniper Berry oil, Sweet Marijorm oil on this area has help me a very much with pain. Also doing some gentle yoga stretching. I hope you get some relief soon.
    Blessing G2 L1
    Kass
  3. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

when my fibro was real bad, I used to get bad hip pain. I still get it from time to time, but not nearly as bad. Not sure what causes it, but I had to use crutches as well. My fibro has been a lot more mild over the past year to year and a half, so that's one symptom I haven't had a whole lot anymore.

If it's something new for you, definitely get it checked out. As many of us on this board have learned recently, it's not wise to assume it's caused by the fibro or CFS. Because, it could turn out to be something else going on.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
  4. justplainmom

justplainmom New Member

I had similar pain, to the point I wouldn't even go to the grocery store alone.

My rheumy gave me a cortisone shot in that hip. Within 20 minutes that pain was gone and I was walking normal again.

Hope you get some relief soon!