Our animal friends in Heaven? Yes!

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Volcano, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Volcano

Volcano New Member

In Isaiah 65:17 God refers to creating a New Heavens and a New Earth. In subsequent verses the text seems to move back and forth from the millennial kingdom to the New Earth. God makes clear he will have animals living there—either in the millennium or the New Earth or both (Isaiah 65:25).

If the New Earth is all the best of the old earth and more, then we should expect it to contain animals. If animals weren’t part of the New Earth, this would seem an obvious oversight. Eden was ruined through sin and will be restored through Christ’s reign of righteousness. All that was part of Eden, and then made wrong through the sin of the first Adam, we would expect to be part of the New Earth, made right through the virtue of the Second Adam.

Would God take away from us in heaven what he gave, for delight and companionship and help, to Adam and Eve in Eden? Would he revoke his earlier decision to put animals with man, and under man’s care? If he remakes the New Earth with new men (who look very much like the old men, only perfect), wouldn’t we expect him also to make new animals (who will presumably look like the old animals, only perfect)?

[This Message was Edited on 07/20/2002]
  2. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

The Verses I wrote above talks about the Animals in the New Milliuem. So yeah I do believe there will be animals in Heaven.
    To me Heaven is where God is, and I'm ready for sure.

God Bless You,
    kredca4