Our Boards Cannot Be Used To Solicit

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Mikie, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There are a lot of heartbreaking problems which our members face, physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and in regards to relationships.

It is fine to ask for support and prayer on the Chit Chat and Worship Boards. The FMS Board is the place to come for help with the physical, mental, and possibly emotional support.

The problems start when someone comes here with a heartbreaking story and our members start volunteering to help financially. If a member takes them up on it, it is considered soliciting and that member will be banned.

I think you are all wonderful for being such sweet and generous people, but do not offer financial help to other members. Our board absolutely cannot be used for this purpose.

We have no idea whether the people who come here to solicit are who they say they are nor whether their stories are true. People use the anonymity of the internet to scam people all the time. It is sad that we have to be so careful, but it is a fact of life.

There is plenty of opportunity to offer support in our own communities through reputable charities which help children and adults in financial need. By contributing to a bona-fide charity, you will know where the money is really going.

If another member offers to send you money, politely decline so you don't risk losing your privlege to use our boards.

Bless you all for your generosity and understanding why we cannot allow soliciting here.

Love, Mikie
  2. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

I am glad you brought it up. I read a soliciting post last night on the CFS/FM board, and was really taken by surprise with what it said, and was asking for.

3. allhart

allhart New Member

this is a good point,right now my family may become homeless any day we dont have any presents or a tree,im under so much stress it unberable,but i would never except money from a member here,if i get something from someone i feel i must somehow return the favor and that is almost impossible in situations over the internet,also you never no how this may come back on you,(repeated requeast usally follow)
    i so strongly urge that any of you who want to help familys like mine or others PLEASE contact places like the salvation army,they actually help people but there are so many family in need that they are always short of funds,and have to turn familys like mine away,
    that is the ONLY way to make sure your money is going where you intended!
    the best thing i can get from people here who want to help is prayers and they are free!
    so please bewear of anyone who asks for help other then your friendship and prayers!
    kara