Our Sacred Night for communion w/our Higher Power.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cactuslil, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Now only did Jesus say he had "sheep" in other lands it is mentioned numerous times of other Gods, other than the one to which Jesus had allegiance. I mention this only to make all feel welcomed to join in common and sacred communion with their higher power as this day has been designed as the "day" this particular forum chose for their "prayer night". More on this and specific petitions are welcomed on that forum...go to message boards/click and you will see a listing of forums sponsored by IS.com.

Don't know about you folks but this gal could sure use all the help and comfort the gods have to offer. Love CactusLil'

S: I sure have missed you folks since I've been a bit down.
  2. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Now only did Jesus say he had "sheep" in other lands it is mentioned numerous times of other Gods, other than the one to which Jesus had allegiance. I mention this only to make all feel welcomed to join in common and sacred communion with their higher power as this day has been designed as the "day" this particular forum chose for their "prayer night". More on this and specific petitions are welcomed on that forum...go to message boards/click and you will see a listing of forums sponsored by IS.com.

Don't know about you folks but this gal could sure use all the help and comfort the gods have to offer. Love CactusLil'

S: I sure have missed you folks since I've been a bit down.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for the reminder that tonight is our Prayer Night. Check the Worship Forum for those in need of special prayer.

In many religious cultures, this is the time of year to remember our loved ones who have passed on. I think this is a lovely thing to do, especially for those of us who have lost loved ones this year. I think I'll also add a prayer to the loved ones left behind to grieve.

Bless you all and have a Happy Halloween.

Love, Mikie
  4. Duffsangel

Duffsangel New Member

Am I missing something here?? Are you talking about praying to other gods such as the "devil"? Sorry for the stupidity. It's been a rough week!
    Duff
  5. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Some year ago or so someone else suggested having a prayer night, a collective thing, brought about slightly because some took offense to repetitive prayer offerings on this forum, which is primarily informational. That person chose Thursday.

Lucifer (meaning lightbearer or shining one) was once upon a time of high status in the pre-existence (Isa. 14:12-20, Luke 10:18); Since Lucifer sought Glory for himself rather than for God, he was cast down to earth while it was still utter chaos. He was not a God then and is not one now. Those who chose to follow Satan, formerly Lucifer, also were cast out. (speaking of the pre-existence)

I don't even like the word! As one of God's very special spirits we know he is one of great intelligence and unfortunately knows our weaknesses well! Just as he tempted Jesus in the wilderness, he tempts us; but he is the father of lies and contention and where you see such going on....run like Joseph out of Potipher's chamber! Love Lil'
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Lil! I left it up to you to respond to that post, I would not touch it with a ten foot pole!

God bless sweet lady, and I am as always, praying for you and yours.

Shalom, Shirl
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I took your post to mean that all are welcome to participate regardless of their religious affiliations. Prayer Night and the Worship Forum is all encompassing and is nondenominational, although people can witness for whatever beliefs they hold. We do ask that the witnessing types of posts be confined to the Worship Forum.

I have moved two such posts to the Worship Forum. Perhpas in the future, any reference to Prayer Night should just be a line or two reminding everyone of it.

The Worship Board was created so people could go there for discussing their religious beliefs, quote scripture, and ask for specific prayers. Our website welcomes all and does not favor one religion over another.

Love, Mikie
  8. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

I did feel the person asking about "you know who", was asking a sincere question and I feared answering this on the worship forum for fear it would not be read.

I have stated many times that all who ask help or seek comfort from some super natural power come together for each other for strength through whatever their faith is; I believe and support the right of free agency to choose your course through this thing called "life".

I have been preparing for some major surgery and not on here like I normally am; did not recognize several names so I elaborated on "communion" "prayer" night. I pray I did not offend anyone....especially you and I too recognize all soul's Day and will be visiting some folks as I can today who I've played funerals for....a free offering I have always made to this community as long as I have lived here. You are such a good woman as are you Shirl and I am so happy to be back. I will watch more carefully what I say. Love, CactusLil'
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sweetie, I know that you of all people would never try to discriminate against any belief system; it's how others react and then the witnessing posts start. This really isn't about you at all except that I think we have some pretty strong believers who want to witness for their beliefs and will do that here unless we keep the Prayer Night reminders to just a simple line or two. I know you were just trying to explain your original post.

Please don't think I'm taking any action because of you, but I had to move those two other people's posts to the Worship Forum or we will have an "us versus them" problem like we did before the Worship Forum was created.

Thanks for your understanding.

Love, Mikie