Our son's sleep study.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alaska3355, Mar 22, 2006.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

It went pretty well. They even gave me a private room to stay in...nice. My son didn't like being hooked up, but he was tolerant of the procedure. They made him stay up later than usual and somehow they waked him up at 6:40! I haven't been able to do that for months! I'm guessing he heard a different voice and his brain said to wake up. He was not cognizant of anything for a good 20 minutes, just sat there. We won't get any results for a long time yet, but I think it was worthwhile. While he was there, I went to the bookstore and found the book "Adrenal Fatigue" by James Wilson. I'm pretty sure I've heard about it on this site before, but it's really a great book. If nothing else comes from the sleep study, at least I found this book!
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

This went well Let us know the results.
    Love Anne C
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

you'll be glad thats over, I hope they find out if there's a problem I'm sure they will.

I go get my CPAP machine this Tuesday - I've waited
    9 MONTHS on it - Scotland, UK - I think it's going to make a big difference to me because this past year I've become considerably worse and I think its since I've had sleep apnea.

I'll let you know how I get on with machine and please let me know what the results for your boy are.

love
    Rosie
  4. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Hi,
    I was wondering a few things if you don't mind me asking..

How old is your son?? And why did you have the sleep study done???

The reason I ask is cuz I always think of having one done on my son..

He is 9...But he is sooo restless when he sleeps..He kicks his legs and just kinda thrashes around.. When he wakes he never seems real rested...And he is tired alot..

Also he is sick alot..I had his tonsils and adnoids out last summer...Thought it would help his sleep...Well..It didn't..

I would love to hear back from you...

And that sounds like a great book you found...I think I need to check into that too..

Thanks,
    SherylD
  5. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I just read your bio...And got my answers...Guess I should've done that first..LOL

I hope you get some helpful results from this sleep study...

SherylD
  6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I thought a sleep study would be enlightening about the coma-style sleeping he does. I told the tech that when he wakes up, he doesn't respond, can't talk, just acts like a zombie. She nodded and went about her business. When she saw him the next morning, just sitting there, unable to answer her questions, she asked me, "Is he always like this?" I guess she had to see it for herself...

I would be really surprised if they said he had sleep apnea...he doesn't snore, wake up, choke or anything when he sleeps. He just looks dead. An interesting side note- I don't think the doc even thought John had chronic fatigue! He said that people with chronic fatigue are very sleepy all day long- well, I disagree with him there. I think, as many have said, that there are varying degrees of fatigue.

About your son, they do test for restless leg at the sleep study, so you might look into that. Mostly they will prescribe Mirapex or something similar, which really helps me (I have RLS). If you don't want to go to the trouble of a sleep study, ask your doctor about this. I'm sure he/she could help. Take care- Terri
  7. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Thanks...I have said stuff to my dr. about him not sleeping well and they just kinda blow you off...I am thinking of pushing the issue a little more..But then I worry about giving him the drugs...

I certainly hope you get some answers with your son...It is always nice to know what is going on...

Good luck to you!!

SherylD
  8. skierchik

skierchik New Member

I just saw your post and I wanted to know if the glutathione isn't helping anymore. How much is he taking per day?? Is he doing it with the honey or just by itself?
    Is he taking it sublingually (which enters the blood stream more quickly)???

I am definitely waking up more clear headed, just not every single day, but way better than before.

Hang in there!

skierchik
  9. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Thanks for writing. I felt that he was still "spinning his wheels" so to speak. Not worse, not better. He was taking one capsule per day of glutathione, not sublingually, just swallowed. But now we started back up on the oral EDTA and this time, he doesn't seem to be sick from it. He only takes one capsule every other night at bedtime, and the first time he took it, I was excited by how well he woke up the next morning. Like his old self! So we're back to trying it more seriously this time. It may be too soon to tell, and I'm always hopeful for any improvement. I'll let you know how this round goes....Love, Terri
  10. skierchik

skierchik New Member

Terry, I will keep my finger and toes crossed!! I hope this works. Sounds hopeful!!!

Love and hugs,

skierchik