Our Wonderful Prayer Box

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Mikie, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

As many of y'all know, I live in FL so we have nice weather almost year round, except for the heat and humidity this time of year. We have a large tree next to the balcony on the front of our bldg. We have a wind chime in it. In olden days, chimes were thought to get God's attention. When I was in a store, something grabbed my attention. It was a small bird house. Around the opening were angel wings. It says, "God Answers Prayers." It is now our prayer box hanging in the tree. If one has a prayer, it can be written down on a small piece of paper and put in the box. We have already had prayers answered. There are a lot of nice things going on in our bldg. these days. Everyone is getting along and that, it itself, is a miracle :)

Love, Mikie
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

I absolutely love this idea. One of my favorite writers, Anne Lamott keeps a box also to put prayers in. (She is a great humorist, radical, brilliant; writing novels and essays infused with spiritual wit and hard-won wisdom).

I've also heard of people using bowls with cut -out strips of papers with prayers written on them. Many wonderful ways.

I love picturing your bird house out there in front of your building. With prayers winging back and forth.

I'll bet it builds community!

Take care,
    wind