Out of the mouth of Babes!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kaymac, Nov 20, 2005.

1. kaymac

kaymac New Member

Thought I would share a comment from my youngest son. I am always getting comments from family and friends who know someone else with FM, but this weekend my youngest son (13 yrs old) made a touchy comment which is funny to me now, but at the time I was GRRRRRR!!! My weekend consisted of "couch rest" after cleaning house for 2 1/2 hrs to which the hubby and son grumbled cause Mom didn't feel like going out "shopping and eating" then....My son says "My coach at school has FM too and she doesn't lay around on the couch like you do, she says you have to MOVE your body"!!! HA! I grumbled at first, but realized he cannot completely understand all and I made light of the comment the rest of the weekend. So that is the solution to FM in his eyes....Mom just needs to MOVE her body more!
  2. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

kaymac ... yes ... out of the mouths of babes is right .. but it is still irritating eh ? .. I'm not sure what I would say .. other than "GO TO YOUR ROOM AND STAND IN THE CORNER TILL YOU ARE 21 and MOVING OUT OF THE HOUSE " ????
    hahaha ... sigh ....
    Fudge : )
  3. dononagin

dononagin New Member

It is really frustrating.. People get this to all different degrees.. I mean I work full time though I was bedridden the first year. Now that first year I couldn't even walk to the mail box.. it was all I could do to lift my head.. Now working I go through the but you work.. but you don't look sick.. it's so frustrating. This syndrome hits people differently and if all his coach has to do is MOVE her body then lucky her, she must not have it very bad. I wish those who didn't have it bad wouldn't make it hard on those who do. I know how you feel.. My day off is spent on the couch if I can.. My strength is expended throughout the week and by my day off I'm lucky to have anything left. Don't feel bad.. the world is full of people who don't get it.. Hopefully someday the education process will kick in and people will understand that this is real.. and we aren't faking it.. oh boy.. I'm getting on a soapbox here when I really only meant to send hugs and say I understand!
    Hugs!!
    dona