ovarian cyst

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tcpolchies, Aug 23, 2005.

1. tcpolchies

tcpolchies New Member

Curious who here has been DX with ovarian cyst? what was you outcome? I was watching the news the other day and these are the signs & symptoms for ovarian cancer; Most of which I have with the exception of the last entry.

Bloating- clothes may no longer fit, this is beyond monthly water retention
    Feeling full after eating a small amount of food
    Fatigue and tiredness- a general feeling of malaise
    Low back pain
    Pelvic or abdominal pain or discomfort
    Vague, but persistent gastrointestinal upsets such as gas, nausea and indigestion
    Frequency and/or urgency of urination without having an urinary tract infection
    Unexplained changes in bowel habits;
    Unexplained weight gain or weight loss, particularly weight gain in the abdominal region
    Pelvic and/or abdominal swelling, bloating, and/or feeling of fullness
    Pain during intercourse
    Abnormal postmenopausal bleeding (this symptom is rare).
  2. tcpolchies

tcpolchies New Member

3. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

I had an ovarian cyst years ago and it was removed. I also have a small one they are watching now.

I had the pain during intercourse, pelvic pain, and bloating.

Be sure to get yourself checked ASAP.

Phyliss
  4. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

Mine began at the age of 17 and continued until I was 31. My docs kept telling me it was menstrual cramps and I needed to learn how to get through them. Finally had a doctor give me an ultrasound. My left ovary was SEVEN times larger than normal due to cysts covering it. He said, "no wonder you are in pain!"

Had four surgeries to remove them (numerous)at different times through my twenties and finally a complete hysterectomy.

Birth control is one medication that is supposed to keep them in check, however it never worked on me.

I could always feel it, pain and swelling. Was sooooo happy to have it all taken out!!!

They can be painful! Gat it checked.

Maia
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i had some surgeries, told i would have a difficlut time getting pregnant. well i ws pregnant 3x, they tried the birth control butthat justmade me gain weight, so he took me off this is in the early eighties, then had some embergncy surgery another one developed and scar tissue attached to my utuerus and pelic bone having a tug of war in there. but i did fine after that. not i'm fairly good there can't have anymore children cusae i devolped polps so i had surgery again. this all started when i was about 23.

jdoie
  6. tcpolchies

tcpolchies New Member

Im confused. Are all ovarian cyst cancerous? Thanks for all your replies!

T~
  7. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

No, not all ovarian cysts are cancerous.

Nicole