ovarion cyst anyone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lorraine50, Jun 24, 2006.

1. lorraine50

lorraine50 New Member

I would like to hear more on people that had those cyst and what happened..My grandaughter is 13 yrs old and has a 19x12 cm.cyst and will need surgery..please share your story on how things went...

thank you
  2. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

A couple of years ago I had a cyst on my left ovary that was the size of a softball.

I wasn't even aware that the cyst was there until it ruptured and had to have emergency surgery.

When the cyst ruptured it twisted my ovary around. Because of the surgery my ovary was saved.

When is the surgery scheduled for? I am surprised that they are not wanting the cyst out this second. It is an extremely painful thing to go through.

Good luck with her!

kate
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

Lorraine50, I had ovarian cyst INSIDE left ovary at age 26. Dr. took it out, sewed ovary back together and it was fine for another 30 years!

Then 2 yrs ago, got one on r. ovary; only cramping pain, and sonogram showed it to be "watery" cyst. No bad pain from it, so left it alone and have had no problems. Sometimes they burst with or without bad pain and resolve on their own.

I hope your granddau does well. They wouldn't operate unless there was no other way, and that is quite a large cyst and must be painful. Did she have symptoms, to allow them to find this, or what?

She'll have to take it easy for 6 weeks or so, then increase activity slowly. She's young, so should do really well. Give her all our love!

findmind