Over takes your mind

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shazzy, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

Hi all,

Was wondering do you find that being ill with what ever your symptoms are is constanly on your mind from the time you wake up to the time you go to sleep.

Cant even watch a tv programme with out half my mind on how i feel.

shazzy

2. bejo

bejo New Member

After thinking about it,I do think about how I feel most of the time.Especially if I'm really fatigued.I guess this disease has taken over our bodies and minds.(((())))
  3. marta

marta New Member

Yes, I just wrote a heart-felt message about this on another thread (which I cannot recall the name of now).

I feel strongly that we need to remember that we choose our thoughts and have the power to change them. Once we acknowledge that, we need to use that power to think of other things.

It's worth monitoring.

Marta
  4. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

Anybody else find this?
  5. praisingHim

praisingHim New Member

.....I think about my symptoms constantly. I agree with the earlier post. We choose what we think about and we do have control over our thoughts. I have tried to start with a prayer each morning asking God to let me have a good day and as soon as I have a negative thought, I am trying to catch myself and replace it with a positive thought. This is very hard, but our thoughts illicit chemicals reactions in our brain, so I am trying to do better in this area. It's hard! Have a blessed day!
  6. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi Shazzy,
    Yes i do because this DD takes us over so we have no choice.
    How long have you had it?
    Ive had Fibro 7yrs now & am used to being like this as its a part of my life.
    Very gentle hugs
    Sharon D(UK)