Overdid it again!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jbennett2, Nov 2, 2005.

1. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

Well, last night I overdid it again. I belong to a small madrigal group and last night we were asked to sing for a "Remembrance" service. It was quite a touching experience. Candles were lit by relatives of those who have died in the previous year as their names were read. Then they read names of anyone else that had someone request that their name be read, and canles were lit for them too.

The worst part was the fact that most of the hour and 1/4, we were standing. It was almost nine when I got home, and, of course couldn't get to sleep.

Did the read a little, try to sleep, read a little, try to sleep. I finally fell asleep after 1:00 a.m. And the alarm went off at six.

I am really, really tired but unfortunately, I had to go to work. Other than the tiredness, I'm no more achy than usual. I also had a flu shot yesterday - so far no reaction. Keeping my fingers crossed.

At least after work today I get to go to the pool and do Ai Chi. That will help me fall asleep easier tonight.

But, once again, it was worth it. I really love singing, and I can suck it up and keep on keeping on.

2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I sometimes think of doing it again on a limited basis, but know I would have to sit during our performances. How about bringing a lightweight folding chair (something with some padding to it)for future performances?

It probably wouldn't look as nice as a group with one person sitting, but it would be a way to still participate without overdoing it. I know that standing, particularly on a hard surface, really tires me out and brings on the pain.

Ellen