overwhelmed and feverish

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fiddlestix, Apr 1, 2007.

1. fiddlestix

fiddlestix New Member

Hi. I was just diagnosed with CFIDS. This is the first time I have ever used a message board so bear with me. I don't know anyone with a disease like this. I get these temperatures that are low grade (99.5 F or so) that really bring me down. Is this a common experience? I can feel fine, but when I have a fever I feel overwhelmed physically and emotionally. The weird part is that they seem to run in a pattern of about 20 more or less feverish days to 20 more or less "cooler" days. Maybe its just a girl thing, but I can't seem to figure it out. Any experience out there on this? Thanks so much.
  2. irishprincess

irishprincess New Member

maybe do a google search i know i will.
    irish
  3. kimberly236

kimberly236 New Member

Hi. I'm sorry for your recent diagnosis. (BTW, CFIDS is just another term used for "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"
    I, too, get low-grade fevers. It doesn't seem like a temperature just slightly elevated would really matter, but it does. Whenever my fevers come, I also get achy, flu-like symptoms. I wish I knew what to tell you. Last summer when I was getting lots of fevers, I ate ice chips to cool myself down. Not a cure, but helped temporarily.
    And I also take advil, tylenol, or aspirin. It sometimes helps with the "sick feeling."
    As far as patterns go, I haven't noticed any except that the week before my period I almost ALWAYS get the fevers. The other weeks of the month are more variable.
    Best of luck with everything.
    Kimberly
  4. jlanciloti

jlanciloti New Member

Hi there I have suffered from the same thing for most of my life [I have FM CFS MS had Endodemetriousis, hysterectomy took care of that] Anyways, I started a chart a couple of months ago throughout the day at same time, haven't found any patteren yet except like you said 10-20 days on then days [mine only about 7] of normal.No cold or flu symptoms except I sure feel that slight rise. It makes me tired [more than usual] and kind of 'mentally out of it' Sometimes regular tylonol helps sometimes it doesn't.I guess I don't have any helpful advice, just wanted to let you know you are not alone, it does affect my everyday life.
  5. fiddlestix

fiddlestix New Member

Hey, thanks so much for the information and your reply. It really does help me feel a little less weird. I've really been struggling with this illness not to mention recent computer and car problems, so I really needed to hear from someone. Appreciate everything and best wishes to you too.