Overwhelmed and Grateful! Test results are in from Dr. Dantini .

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mujuer, May 29, 2009.

1. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I have been relentless in my search for what caused my fibro as we all have. For the last five years I have been in pursuit. I had finally bought the book by Dr. Dantini after seeing his article on here. His website really got my attention. With the help of my nurse practioner up her in WA state, Dr. Dantini ordered a comprehensive set of test for stealth viruses. These tests are all back. He faxed me the results and we went over them. He also faxed them to my nurse practioner. I went in to see her an hour later.

I was and still am astounded by all that he found. I am still trying to comprehend it all. It explains so much to me and I am grateful that I finally found a Dr. who has fibro himself and has devoted himself to finding the core problem. My nurse practioner is herself astounded and she almost cried talking to me about it. She is going to test all of her patients now who have been suffering with these awful illnesses. I think she was at her wit's end trying to help me but I persevered. Now she is excited to be a part of really being able to care for me.

I have started on an anti-viral and I am only on day 5. The day after I started taking it, I no longer have had those horrible viral sweats. When your this sick, even eliminating one symptom is a Godsend. She also discovered that I had an inflammation around my stomach giving me those horrible rib pains. I have been on the B.R.A.T. diet now for five days and taking prescription Prilosec for that and it is starting to subside.

I am going to continue Dr. Dantini's protocol and will keep updating the board as things change for the better or worst. My husband is going in for testing as these viruses are contagious especially at my levels. He is syptomatic also.

I would like to thank Prohealth for all that they have done to help me get thru this by providing research, message boards, online chat, their e-letters and the support they provide by just having this valuable website. P
  2. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

wow.. this is great news ..

I am so very happy for you ... :) please do keep us updated with your progress. ok..

you know I have those awefuel sweats also... and have been passing them off for mentapause.. but latley have been thinking there is more to them..
    I just get to feeling so darn Ill its hard to explain. on top of all the Fibro pain and stuff.

I can understand if you can just get rid of one thing. would make such a hudge differene .

Best of luck my dear... Huggles.

Spirit .

3. cfsgeorge

cfsgeorge New Member

Please keep us updated. And can you share your lab results with exactly which stealth pathogens was found? thank you.
  4. mujuer

mujuer New Member

FMsaddenedspirit, those sweats are awful aren't they. I thought mine were menopause too. I know it is hard to explain also because they just keep coming more frequently and making you feel worst. Everytime I would get up from a chair to move from one place to other, here they came. I still haven't had any. It is warm here and i just had a little sweat on my nose like a normal sweat would be and that made me so happy.

My test results were as follows:

Herpes Simplex
    Varicella Zoster Virus
    Epstein Barr Virus
    Herpes Virus Six

I tested for the Parovirus but I don't have that one. I also went in for a diabetes test the other day and will have to update on that. So far I am doing well on the anti-viral and already feel better. I will probably now go thru his protocol for food allergies or sensitivies. He thinks these should be eliminated up until you build your immune system back up as your body is fighting off these viruses and it weakens the immune system, which in term can make you suddently develop food sensitivities that you never had before. Still on the B.R.A.T. diet for now though. P
  5. faithinlove

faithinlove New Member

I am so so happy for you. I know eliminating one thing can mean a whole lot to us that suffer with this.
    I also struggle with these sweats. It seems I am always hot. I am even hot when it is cold outside. I thought it was my medication.
    Please let us know how you are doing and hopefully good news will come that you continue to improve.
    God bless and gentle (((hugs)))
    Love and "Faith" always
  6. what actual tests did he write the script for? What I mean I would like to ask my dr to run some tests like that.
  7. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

Yes please do share with us.. I am very interested in your progress... and so happy for you :)
    I am making an Apt to see my family doc this week... I trust him more than my Rhyme.. she really needs to educate herself more on Fibro and CFS .. I think I know more about Fibro than she does anymore.. and of course they know nothing about the CFS.
    I can't take the sweats anymore.. its gotten even worse if that is poss.. I also have noticed I feel, Ill , /Sick after eating serton foods.. Not sure if its the fatty foods or RED meat . but something's up . I think my gut is toxic
    I will also be talking to him about heavy metals... and see if he know anything about this Doc and his idea's DR. Dantin Right . ?

I just feel so desperate lately , Fed up , .. defiantly need to do something about this fatigue.

Anyway ,..I am so pleased for you ...keep us posted. and I also will let you know how it goes at my Doc visit this week... I need to figure out pain meds.. mine just are not working very well any more. I guess its time to switch it up some or get on some longer lasting pain meds.. at least my family doc is good..

Take care my dear... Soft Huggles.. Spirit

8. mujuer

mujuer New Member

One script was for: Lymes Titer, T3, T4, Tsh, anti thyroid antibodies. The other script said "Do titers on all:

Epstein Barr Panel
    EB IGM
    EB IGG
    EB NA
    EB EA

Cytomegalic virus, IGG and IGM
    Herpes I and Herpes II, IGG and IGM
    Human Herpes 6 virus, IGG & IGM
    Parvo virus, Igg & IGM
    Herpes Zoster, IGG & IGM

I am still having stomach problems myself as I did before starting the protocol. I will need to have the food allergy tests done also. I am still feeling pretty good. I wish you all the best with your testing. I still recommend checking out his website or reading his book. My husbands Dr. did not want to even look at my test results and was quite arrogant about what he thought he knew about the whole "fibro thing". He wouldn't test my husband even though he is very symptomatic. I am going to change his primary care provider to mine now and get him some testing done. P[This Message was Edited on 06/01/2009]