Overwhelmed and In Shock....

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Sunrise, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Sunrise

Sunrise New Member

Hi all I deal with depression on and off through out the year...but this winter has been the worse...

I have never had a natural disaster affect me like this one...

I`m sure I`m not the only one who feels this way...
    I feel like I`m in shock, I am so overwhelmed by this terrible event, I`m asking the question why???

Those people have it tough enough as it is and struggle to have the little bit that do they have...

I`m sorry I can`t comprehend why this happened...
    I know I should be able to, by trusting in Jesus and having it told to me as the signs of the times it was meant to be...

We are living in such a fragile world, there is so much suffering so many tears...

My faith in Jesus does help and I know some day all the tears will be wiped away....

But I`m sorry I`m stll in shock....Thanks for listening I needed to write this....

Sunrise

2. tandy

tandy New Member

What a pretty user name!!

I understand your confusion. I'm a bit overwhelmed by it all myself. Something this horrible does'nt happen.
    or should'nt be happening. I can't even imagine what the survivors are feeling right now.

I can't imagine anything being worse than what they are faced with~
    My heart is extremely heavy with their pain. I know that Jesus has them all in his safety now,...but the question still remains: why??
    So many are lost,.....
    I feel helpless too.

I pray for all the people involved in this tragedy.

I honestly had never even heard of a Tsunami before this.

When I see horrible things like this happening,it makes me wonder if the end is near.

Hugs
    Tandy
  3. Sunrise

Sunrise New Member

Tandy,thanks for your reply it helps to talk about this.

I have sent a donation but I still feel helpless and unable to truely help. It is still like a nightmare to me...

I need to build a stronger faith and trust in Jesus and pray for the best for all those poor people...

thanks again, hugs, Sunrise
  4. dash

dash New Member

Sunrise,

I think that we who have our faith deeply rooted in Christ are by our spiritual nature more moved by these disasters, or perhaps it would be better to say-moved at a different level.

As always, Jesus is our example. Jesus was traveling to Jerusalem, and when He looked upon the city of Jerusalem, He knew er future- she would be demolished by the Romans

.Luke 19:41-44
    41 And when He approached, He saw the city and wept over it,
    42 saying, "If you had known in this day, even you, the things which make for peace! But now they have been hidden from your eyes.
    43 "For the days shall come upon you when your enemies will throw up a bank before you, and surround you, and hem you in on every side,
    44 and will level you to the ground and your children within you, and they will not leave in you one stone upon another, because you did not recognize the time of your visitation."

(NAS)
    Jesus wept for the city and her people. When we look at such massive death and destruction, we are grief-stricken as was our Savior. We see the spiritual implications. We see the signs of His return. In our humanness we are limited in our ability to comprehend all of this. Instead of spending our energy in trying to make sense of it all, our focus needs to be prayer for all of these people and for God t0 reveal what actions we can take to minister to these souls, physically and spiritually. We are the hands and feet of Christ to a dying world.

Tonight, I am asking that the Holy Spirit be the Comforter in your life. That He gives you all the grace you need to heal your heart and fortify your spiritual strength. (And I'm asking for myself as well.)

With the love of Christ,
    Della

5. greatgran

greatgran Member

I think GOD is trying to get our attention..Look how countries are truning
    from GOD. So much is happening right her in America to take GOD out of everything..

I feel we as Christians need to take a GREAT stand to put GOD back, in our lives and country, as our nation was built on "IN GOD WE TRUST".

It is so sad but I truly think it will get
    worse unless things change. We need to unite and somehow try to make a change.
    As to how I haven't a clue except start with pray asking God for a way.

Just my input,
    greatgran
  6. lilivy

lilivy New Member

I don't mean that for myself and I am siure you know that but just want to clarify that in case someone thinks I was. Great Gran I agree with you on this. We need to ge back to God and the truth. Sin wants to prevail and we just can't let it.