Overwhelmed and need Information.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrsbrew, Mar 10, 2003.

  1. mrsbrew

    mrsbrew New Member

    Pls be patient with me because i'm not sure this site has what i am looking for, but hopefully someone can point me into the right direction.

    At long last I found a doctor who ran the needed test and found that I have both long term and short term Epstein-Barr virus cells. She was my GYN doctor. So I went to my GP doc and she patted my hand and gave me a Rx to help the gastro spasms. Smiled and said yes, 'You have EB Syndrone. Have a nice day'. CFS symptoms brought to the dr to begin with.

    My public library had outdated information, Internet searches have been confusing. What I am looking for is, what kind of doctor should I look for? Internalist? Gasto-Intestional?

    All the research I have tried to do on my own at least has me convinced I should be under the care of a doctor who has an idea of what tests to run.


    Thanks in advance for any and all helpful info.
  2. klutzo

    klutzo New Member

    If you have an active EBV infection,it sounds like you may have CFS, in which case I think your best bet is an Infectious Disease specialist.
  3. Shirl

    Shirl New Member

    Hi MrsBrew, welcome to the board. I can't help, but I am positive that Klutzo gave you the right doctor to see for your symptoms.

    I have Fibro, not CFS, but I know how that awful fatigue feels.

    Just stopped to welcome you, and I hope you get more responses from those who can relate to your symptoms.

    Shalom, Shirl
  4. evileva

    evileva New Member

    My primary care physician is in internal medicine and he is the one who treats me. I have CFS/Fibro and chronic EBV. You just need to find someone who is knowledgable on the subject of CFS and that is not always easy. Good luck.