OVERWHELMED

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jordane, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Jordane

Jordane New Member

I have this intense feeling of overwhelming sadness.

It is like all this S*** with this DD.has just come at me like a storm.

The changes of my life; because of it;Financial the big one.
    Not being able to do as I used to,housework or enjoyment!!

It is hard to get your mind to do as only your body can do, not to push it.

But there is such a big hole inside.

And today all I could do is cry. And all I get from that is a headache!!

Just wanted to know if it has hit anyone else as hard.
    And If it has I am so sorry!!!

Please take care of yourselves!!!
    Jordane
  2. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

I posted today crying because of the way I feel. I hate this!!
    Some days I cant take it and this is one of those days. I have to push my body I have 7 kids. It just sseems like no one other than tthe kind people here understands what we go through. I just hate how every symptom makes my mind go off and think Ive got something bad wrong with me not just fibro and CFS.
    Do you ever feel like that? Like it has to be more and the doctors keep telling you everything is fine just CFS.
    Sorry if I brought you down more.. I just know how you feel. Try to hang in there - and not with a rope LOL-
    Take care
    Melinda
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Yes, indeedy, things do pile up. I know the feeling well.

Don't blame yourself, please, Jordane. A good cry is the least we can do for ourselves now and then.

Hugs,
    Marta
  4. Imfinetoo

Imfinetoo New Member

I feel that way most of the time. However, when I am feeling really bad, I remind myself of the friends I have lost to cancer, and I tell myself that I can endure this. I also pray a lot. It doesn't necessarily make me feel better for any length of time, but I at least get my mind off of it for a few minutes.

I have had FM for 22 years, and am just going through the worst flare up I've had. But, God willing, this too shall pass.

I have complete sympathy for you, and I pray you will hang in there!
  5. Gilly26

Gilly26 New Member

Hi Jordane
    Hang in there I know just how u feel I just want go to sleep and never wake up when it all gets too much!! This illness is so cruel it can give us false hope by giving u a couple of good days and then hits just as u think things are picking up.
    I think all u can do is take it day by day and not think too far ahead and try not to push to hard. Sometimes the best thing is just to give in - I know how frustrating this can feel.

Take care

Gilly26
  6. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Yes! I guess I'm still lucky to be here. There are times that I really wish I wasn't. At this moment, I do have a better handle on it, although it could change at any moment.

I think what helped me is I quit fighting it so hard. "It" is not the disease that I quit fighting but the loss of what I was and trying to accept that I have a chronic illness. This does not mean that I am not doing everything that is possible to get better. I have given up on the battle of trying to make my family, friends, & most doctors understand(or at least I am working on it). They just don't "get it".That causes frustration and I HATE feeling like I have to prove my illness. Actually my husband who has been my biggest help and also my worse enemy at times, and an online Self Help Class that I found on the Immune Support web site and the use of this board helped me with my attitude. I didn't like what I heard at the time but after thinking about it, they were right.

I had always liked myself and was a very self confident, successful person. This DD stole everything and I do not have to explain it because I feel you understand. How many other people would just be happy to work? To do laundry and put dishes in a dish washer and into the cabinets is big for me. Many of us, have problems doing anything. I am not sure what has changed with me now. I know that part of it is for the first time in nearly 3 years, I have had a few hours most days for a few weeks that I have felt some better. That makes acceptance easier.

Just hang in there please. I feel for you. I empathize and you are not alone. Hopefully, there will be a break for you soon. Like I said, mine has been small, but it gives me hope which I had lost.

Also I cry too and for awhile it was all the time. I still cry but not as much. I had never cried before I was sick...tears just never came. I thought it was a woman's thing and I lived and worked in a man's world. I've cried a river since though. Why does it give us headaches???

[This Message was Edited on 06/22/2006]
  7. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

And you feel like the whole world is just going to come crashing down on you,
    So you have your GOOD cry and your able to pull yourself up by your bootstraps and go on,but it sure is H***!
    You take care of yourself also and don't ever forget we are all here for you.
    Love & hugs,
    Mary
  8. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Bless you ALL for your kind words,support, and understanding!!!

It REALLY means a lot to me.

And after reading some of the bios,LOL, I really want to say that for what some of you have been thru,and what we all are going thru now.

I am humbled,by your courage,and you ability to pass on a smile and kind words!!

You are indeed exceptioal people.:>)

And I try to keep in mind; it could always be worse!!

hugzz
    Jordane
  9. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Yes, we all feel that way- part of our depression, anxiety or what ever- go outside and scream let it out, cry if you have to- come back in and take yourself a nice bubble bath and light a aroma candle-

If you have time, right down your feelings share with you doctor BUT do not forget people are here to help you and we all need it, that is why we are here..

Hugs- be easy on yourself BUT do not stuff your problems-
    NOW may I should listen and take my advise.

HUGS<HUGS
    Janet