Overworked--now a big flare

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nanswajo, Sep 8, 2005.

1. nanswajo

nanswajo New Member

Hi all:

I overworked big time last week. Guess that teaches me a lesson to stick to what I know is best for me, but I am still learning since I was diagnosed in April.

Last week my bosses took on too much work and put me on for 5 days in a row--5 stressful days (floral design--9 weddings), though we had had an agreement that to deal with my health issues I'd work 2 days on, 1 day off, 3 days on.

I am such a pleaser and worrier that I pushed myself really hard to get it all done. I lost the whole long weekend to a major flare which hasn't stopped yet, but which keeps moving around. This is all new to me. Now I know how it works and now I REALLY know what people mean when they say to pace yourself.

For 2 days after my legs and arms ached like I had the flu and yesterday I went home from work early because my wrists hurt so bad it would take my breath away. I am wearing braces now which I have for what they are calling carpel tunnel and which I understand is common in FM patients. I haven't had a problem with it for a while until this period of overwork. I feel trapped inside my body.

I happen to have today off and I'll probably have to call "out" for tomorrow too. I guess that will teach me--and hopefully my bosses--a lesson.

I feel bad about feeling bad when so many people are worse off, but it is so hard to experience such a loss of capability along with such pain.

I know I have to change my line of work and I love what I do so much.

Nancy