Ovulation Pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowchowchow, Oct 17, 2005.

1. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

Do any of you suffer from ovulation pain? I get it every month...like a twinging, annoying stitch right over my ovary. This month it's worse, it's wrapping around to the right side of my back and feels kind of like burning.

It scared me as I thought I might have appendicitis but I'm not nauseated or vomiting and I don't have a temp. Been going on for about 12 hours now.

Thanks,
    Meow
  2. justlooking

justlooking New Member

but only since I had my tubes tied 6 years ago. Prior to that I never felt when I was fertile (after 3 unplanned pregnancies I finally got a clue...but also have 3 beautiful children) It hurts terribly, like something is going to burst inside. I feel for you, all we need is more pain right???

If it doesn't fade or you begin to show other symptoms, call your Dr. We shouldn't always assume it is something not serious just because we have experienced pain there before.

Hope it goes away soon and it is just ovulation....

JL
    [This Message was Edited on 10/17/2005]
  3. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

Dear Moew

please consider having your ovulation pain checked out and do not accept a brush off from a busy doctor. You might benefit from a gynocologist. It could be a sign of endometriosis. I speak from experience. There is a higher than normal link between endometriosis and CFS. And you not need for it to get worse. Vitamin B6 also helps the pain but do not overdose. Message board me if you want more details or check out endo. material on the net.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/17/2005]
  4. islands

islands New Member

I have always had ovulation pain. If it is very severe, please see your gyno. I had a cyst that doubled me over when it burst. You might have something that needs to be checked. Just add that to your many docs...:)
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...used to have it so bad that I literally limped at work and people would ask me what's wrong with my leg/foot??? Actually just ovulating, thank you, and the pain would go down my leg (as someone else described). Advil did help some with this.

The good news was that when my husband & I wanted to have a child, it was a no-brainer. I was confidant I'd be pregnant the first month we tried & I was. Easy, when it's so obvious when I was ovulating.....I had a friend who couldn't get pregnant, she had to buy one of those ovulation predictor kits, since she had no idea when she was ovulating....I couldn't imagine NOT knowing, as painful as ovulation was for me.

It's gotten better the older I've gotten, I notice it less now in my peri-menopausal period. They call this Middleschmerz, BTW, which I believe is just German for "in the middle" (of the month). For me it's always been much more painful than my period or any PMS type symptoms.

Hope yours feels better by now....

Hugs,
    Pam
  6. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

Yes, woke up today and pain is now gone. I think I might have endo too. I wouldn't be surprised, my mom and sister both have had it.
  7. forfink

forfink New Member

I'm 52 years old now and have had the same symptoms you have experienced on and off since I was 35. After I had my 2 children in my 20's. Always experienced some discomfort throughout my cycle (even for 3 weeks of it). A few times when the pain was severe, I actually had an orarian cyst, the doctor did an ultrasound, after 3 months it disolved on it's own.Then, of course, the pain was less. One time it grew rather large and I did have sugery to remove the ovary and cyst. The good news is that I have been using Progesterone cream from the Vitamin Shoppe for 6 months and all pain is gone!Something that was such a nuisance for years has been resolved. I've had Fibro for 20 years. Hope this helps you.
  8. lease79

lease79 New Member

I was put on the Implanon Hormone rod to actually stop Ovulation, because I get Mittleschmertz so bad that I think that I am having an appendicitis every couple of months. The pain is so bad that I get the cold sweats & nausea & lightheadedness with it :(
    I had to have the Implanon out, because unfortunately I had breakthrough bleeding for the entire 8 months it was in *sigh*
    So were back to appendicitis type pain every couple of months :(

Lease
  9. cabcahoon

cabcahoon New Member

Sometimes I have severe pain when I am ovulating, but it doesn't occur every month. The pain I have when I ovulate is much worse than cramps during my period. Sometimes, it is so bad that I can't even stand up straight. It helps me to lay flat on my stomache with a heating pad. Maybe that would work for you!

Hope you feel better,
    Amy