OW My ears!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Flibble, Mar 25, 2003.

1. Flibble

Flibble New Member

Hi Everybody! I am very new here and have a question. I have a wicked awful ear infection. I am taking amoxicillin but I am getting no relief! Does anyone have any suggestions? I have high blood pressure so decongesting things are somewhat out of the question. Does anyone find Allegra works better for allergies than Claritin or Zyrtec? Thanks Flibble.
  2. samjenkin

samjenkin New Member

I had what I thought (and the doctor's thought) was an ear infection for two years - sore, inflamed, swollen with pus coming out of it. I couldn't lie on it sometimes and bathing and getting water in it was hell. Tried everything.

Went back to the doctor with new symptoms, including spontaneous face peeling (very embarrassing - I was sitting in a meeting and rubbed my face and I was holding strips of skin - YEUCH!). Doctor said I have developed allergic dermatitis and this was what was wrong with my ear. She gave me drops to put in my ear to treat the dermatitis - well, within a day I noticed a difference and it has almost gone now. I don't have it with me but will add to this message tomorrow with what the drops are - maybe this is what is wrong and you could try them.

Regards

Sam
  3. gailgmc

gailgmc New Member

I habe been on Allegra D for about 6 weeks and I think it works a lot better than claratin or claranex. I too have high blood pressure but it seems to be ok for me.

hope your ears clear up soon.

gail
  4. samjenkin

samjenkin New Member

As promised ... the stuff I am using for my allergic dermatitis is called Locorten-Vioform, made by Novartis which appears to be a UK-based company.

Regards

Sam