Owwww! - Laundry!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dragon06, Dec 10, 2006.

1. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I live with my husband and our 2 best friends. Normally the job of laundry is left to my one roomate and one of the boys, however for the last few weeks she has been away visiting family.

This means I have to do the laundry. We don't have laundry in our building so we have to go out to the laundromat. So that involves packing all the dirty clothes into bins and carting them down to the van (job of boys).

Then we head to the laundromat. Now my husband does come to help me but with 2 weeks worth of clothes for 3 people I still have to do a fair amount. And of course all the washes are front loading so filling it requires a lot of bending.

Laundry takes about 3 hours and we generally fit a needed shopping run in with it to do while we are waiting on the clothes.

I am SOOOO sore after this laundry run! I can't wait for my roomie to be back, laundry just isn't for me. I would probably be ok if the washer and dryer were in our house cause then I could do small washes etc.

But all the loading and unloading that is required for our laundry is just too much.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/10/2006]
  2. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

This one will do wash and fold service but it is very expensive especially for the amount of clothes we have. Thanks for the suggestion though :)
  3. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I know how you feel. Laundry is my #1 most hated chore. I get exhausted just thinking about it. I get behind on it all the time, which makes it even worse because then it takes so long to do. Speaking of which, I need to put in a load before I go to bed-ugh! Hope you get some rest. Kim :)
    [This Message was Edited on 12/12/2006]
  4. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

to have laundry facilities in my own house...or even in this damn building for that matter!!
  5. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

I have a husband who sometimes changes twice a day and three teenage boys in the house.

I HATE LAUNDRY!!! Mine are in the house so I can't imagine going anywhere to do it, that would be absolutely horrible. I totally feel for all of you that have to go down those stairs or out the building carrying those baskets, bending to load and unload, folding and then having to carry back! Ugh!

My family brings me mine on Sundays, Wednesdays, & Fridays.
    I wash, dry, fold and they put away. The problem is loading and unloading but most of all carrying the baskets and folding.

I am weird but the other two majors for pain is taking the garbages out of the garbage can, and bending to do cat litters.

I wish you all the best.
    Take care and Kitten Hugs,
    Blessed Be,
  6. mary124

mary124 New Member

I have my own washer/dryer but the few times that the washer has died we had to go to the washertia, so I know what you mean. I would bring them all home to dry.
    Last week I was sick, and couldn't sleep so here i was washing at 1:00a.m. in the morning (this was Monday when i should of been in bed as I had to be at work in a few hours)
    but I hate washing clothes.) but at least I'm caught up.