OXY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 2BPainfree, Nov 20, 2002.

1. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

Wow...it's a relief to hear so many other people are taking vicodin, oxy ect.(not that I would wish that on anyone) This has been an embarrasing aspect for me, causing alot of guilt..i/e: am I addicted? why do I need this? Are the pain meds causing the fatigue? Yet, I can't go without pain meds or I can't function. This has been a BIG monkey on my back. However, like many of you have stated...I just can't seem to function without it.

Very interesting, last week I had "2" whole days of feeling really good...no fatigue what-so-ever (extremely rare) just the tipical abdominal pain I experiance from endo. I could actually handle the abdominal pain and not be desperate for pain meds...but as soon as the fatigue came back, I couldn't handle going without. I find that curious...the fatigue being more distressing than actual physical pain when the two were seperated. It just seems when I have fatigue AND pain it's completely out of control (which is most of the time, ick!)

I can also relate to the "unable to keep commitments" I have driven myself "NUTS" feeling guilty for feeling good one day and making plans, then the next day I can't function to face the committment....THAT is SO frustrating.
    I don't like feeling so unreliable, yet I don't have any control over it (haven't yet learned "how-to" manage this aspect)

Will it ever get better?
    Susan/Ca (Just call me Chatty-Cathy today, huh?!)
  2. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

Wow...it's a relief to hear so many other people are taking vicodin, oxy ect.(not that I would wish that on anyone) This has been an embarrasing aspect for me, causing alot of guilt..i/e: am I addicted? why do I need this? Are the pain meds causing the fatigue? Yet, I can't go without pain meds or I can't function. This has been a BIG monkey on my back. However, like many of you have stated...I just can't seem to function without it.

Very interesting, last week I had "2" whole days of feeling really good...no fatigue what-so-ever (extremely rare) just the tipical abdominal pain I experiance from endo. I could actually handle the abdominal pain and not be desperate for pain meds...but as soon as the fatigue came back, I couldn't handle going without. I find that curious...the fatigue being more distressing than actual physical pain when the two were seperated. It just seems when I have fatigue AND pain it's completely out of control (which is most of the time, ick!)

I can also relate to the "unable to keep commitments" I have driven myself "NUTS" feeling guilty for feeling good one day and making plans, then the next day I can't function to face the committment....THAT is SO frustrating.
    I don't like feeling so unreliable, yet I don't have any control over it (haven't yet learned "how-to" manage this aspect)

Will it ever get better?
    Susan/Ca (Just call me Chatty-Cathy today, huh?!)
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

You know..that may date you--as I remember Chatty Cathy Dolls :)

Hey Glad to hear you have gotten some relief for your pain. Madwolf has a wonderful article..on pain meds, you might want to check the archives. I think Addiction is in the title..or post to him and ask him the name of it. It's great. Deals with alot of the misconceptions involving pain meds.

Btw--you don't have a big monkey on your back, lol. You have pain, which needs treatment, nothing more, nothing less.
    Here's to a pain free tommorrow!
    Karen
  4. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

Thanks Karen,
    I will definately look up that article/post!

Susan
  5. achy

achy New Member

I started Oxy about 4 months ago, 20mg @X Day. It doesn't kill the pain, but sure makes it more manageable. I also take 1/2 soma with it. I've felt the quilt too. Especially when you see another Doc that goes balistic seeing the name Oxy...I made the mistake of telling my mother...OMG how she flew off the handle (she was a drug & alchol. councelor) LOL
    I try to remember I have to do what I have to do to keep myself going. I cannot function without meds. Would they rather I just lay on the couch & watch T.V. or be able to get the laundry done and dinner on the table.
    You do for Susan, nobody else.

Warm Fuzzies
    Achy
  6. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

Thank you!

OMG...that's exactly where I'm at!!!!!!!
    When i don't feel "Good" all I can do is sit on the couch and watch TV, can't even read because I can't concentrate and wouldn't be able to remember what I read.

I am having ALOT of trouble accepting I have this problem, you think I would "catch" on and handle it, it's been downhill almost 5 yrs now...just don't have the energy to fight anymore. Everyday I think "here's a new day to get started" but the results end up the same...

Thanks for writing back.
    Susan