OXYCODONE IS POWERFUL STUFF

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by granmama, Dec 21, 2002.

1. granmama

granmama New Member

Well, I'm finally awake. I took the oxycodone 20mg this morning at 9am. I ate lunch, lost lunch and slept all afternoon.
    Boy, it really knocked me on my butt...so to speak!
    But, I don't hurt, yea!!!!!

I know that drowsiness and nausea are common side effects, but I wasn't expecting it to be so powerful. I'm itching too.

I am suppose to let the doctor know how it affected me, so I'll call first thing Monday morning.
    I might just have to take it at bedtime only or maybe he can reduce the strength.

For those on this drug, did you guys have the same reaction in the very beginning?
    Is this something I just have to work through?

granmama
  2. Kelly12

Kelly12 New Member

Are you taking Oxycodone or Oxycontin? I thought Oxydodone only came in one strength of tablet. Please let me know how it is as I plan to ask my new pain doctor for it.

Thanks much,

Kel
  3. granmama

granmama New Member

SORRY ABOUT THAT, IT IS NOT OXYCODONE. I WAS STILL CONFUSED UNDER THE DRUG WHEN I MISSPELLED THE DRUG NAME.

I DID TAKE ONE-HALF PHENEGRAN, BUT LOST IT WITH MY LUNCH
    AND ANOTHER THIS EVENING. I FEEL BETTER, BUT NOW THE KLONOPIN HAS KICKED IN AND I'M ONE DROWSY GRANMAMA!

THANKS FOR THE QUICK RESPONSES. MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN WORRIED ABOUT ME ALL DAY.

granmama
  4. granmama

granmama New Member

and they are going to send me a script for 10mg Oxcontin and just a one week supply. This she said is plan B. Let's hope it works.
    I think I would rather live with the pain than be as sick as I was on the 20mg. Maybe this med is not right for me?
    I guess we will see once I begin the 10 mg.

granmama