OXYCONTIN MY LIFESAVER

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abcanada, Jan 17, 2007.

1. abcanada

abcanada New Member

Last week my doc switched me from percocet to extended release oxycontin. I was going in & out of pain all day long. That wasn't going so well trying to care for my 4 young children. She did this upon the recommendation of a Pain Clinic I've just started going to. What a world of difference! I feel like a new person. I realize it's just a mask for the pain, but I don't care, I deserve it after what I've been through these last few years. I've done so much more in the last two days than I have in the last three months. Take Care Laura
  2. leubie

leubie New Member

im soooo glad you finally got some relief-------------i too felt like a new person when i finally got the correct meds----------its good to know one more person in our family here was finally helped-----------and yes you do deserve it-------------take care--------------love to all----------laura(leubie)
  3. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Good for you! That is great, BUT also... slow down chicky... don't over do it. You do not want to go into a huge ole' flare up from all that you are doing. Then you will have to have a darn IV hooked up to you to feel better.

Seriously though..Be good to yourself and so glad you are feeling better... there is nothing like much needed relief!

Hooray!
    Hugs
    Kim
  4. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I'll be sure to take it easy. I was getting at the fact that I literally have done nothing but lay in bed, go to docs & eat when I could over the last few months. Last night I cut my hair, over 3 inches off as I hadn't done so in a year. Just things like that. The first day I took the oxycontin I had such a severe head ache that it didn't touch it. I had to take percocet & then some advil which finally did some good. I'm going to have a nap! Thanks & take care, Laura
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Laura, I'm so glad to hear that this med is working for you. There is nothing wrong with taking what you need to function. Diabetics take Insulin; this is no different.

Enjoy the pain free days.
    Kathy
  6. caffey

caffey New Member

I was switched from ms contin to oxycontin. It was like night and day. I no longer felt like I was walking through concrete. I am glad to hear that it is working for you. If you find you are starting to get pain at the 8-9 hrs. let them know and they can put an extra dose in for you. I also took a higher dose at bedtime. Again congrats and don't over do it. Be careful driving. It can sneak up on you in city driving and slow your reflexes. Did you see the news or maybe it is just in Ontario they want to introduce a law where you can be charged if you have narcotics in your system and you are stopped. All the best.
    Cath