Oxycontin Withdrawl... HELP!!!! (PART 2)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kmelodyg, May 19, 2003.

1. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

Hi guys! Well last week was a tough week, and hopefully it will be getting better soon. Today is my birthday, YAY!! Hopefully I will be able to get out of the house.

My Mom is doing a little better. She is in the hospital for detox from Oxycontin. It was really hard on her the first couple of days. She is finally on the patch and they got her back on the appropriate dosage for her antidepressants. She has a meeting tommorrow that will map out her game plan on where to go from here. They told her that she will probably be put on Methadone and will have another nerve block procedure.They are telling her that she should sue her doc for sending her home and cutting her off like he did. She could have died! Also, when she gets out of the hospital, she is going to report her "friend" to the police about stealing her meds.

My pain was out of control the past few days. Probably because of all the stress that I am under. I also went to the ER on Friday for pain control. They gave me 6 Percocets and I had to call an on-call doc on Sunday for another days worth. I was all out by Noon yesterday (Monday). I called my doc 3 times with no call back. So for the first time in months, I was on absolutly NO PAIN MEDS!!! The pain felt worse than after I had my surgery. Way past a 10!!! I almost went to the ER again, and my doc finally called me at 6:45 pm!!! So, needless to say, after lots of begging and pleading, I got my meds and I feel great now. THANK GOD!!!!

Thank you for all your love, support, and prayers the last few days. We are still going to need some more. So send some this way out to Central New York, OK??

Lots of love,
    Kathryn
  2. Sissy123

Sissy123 New Member

I feel for you and the stress you have been under with your mom and your meds. I have been in both places also. I quit oxy cold turkey also and I nearly died and am sueing my doc for doing the same thing. I was scheduled to run out on a tuesday and she couldnt get me in for another 2 weeks, so I said I am sick of this, being so dependent on her and oxy. So I went to rehab knowing I could never have done it alone and around my family. It is a scary thing to go through and see. I didnt have any meds to help me through the whole thing and when the nurse at rehab called the doc for some meds to help me come down off of oxy she gave me motrin!!! I couldnt even hold my own glass of water for weeks I was shaking so bad. I went through hell with that stuff towards the end and will never take it again. I am just glad it is over and so is my family. I went to my pain doc this week and he up'd my dose of lortab and neurotin. I got 6 trigger shots and am getting another epidural, block this week in my neck. I hope things will even out for you both and I hope that friend gets what they deserve. All they have to do is a blood test to see if the oxy is still in her/his system and that might be enough to prosecute them. Heres hope for the future, Sis