Oxygen, chronic fatigue and white blood cells

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by scarflady, Sep 1, 2005.

1. scarflady

scarflady New Member

While listening to the radio this morning I heard of a new treatment for severe burns using oxygen to help white blood cells. Thinking that compromised immune systems may be helped with oxygen therapy I thought I would pass this along......
    Goole.......... Oxygen, chronic fatigue and white blood cells and find an article by Jill Neimark regarding her treatment with oxygen date 11-12-2003.

Question....Has anyone on this site tried the oxygen therapy????

Scarflady
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

I tried 30 sessions and I must say that it made me feel better. The down side is that you have to keep doing it on a regular basis. It is too expensive for me to do that.

I would like to save up and buy my own.

Pepper
  3. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I checked with the person mentioned in Jill Neikirk's article, and the cheapest home hyperbaric chamber (the new variety) is about $10,000.

Have you been able to find anything cheaper? or other alteratives?

Cheers
    Delia
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

I live in Canada and the last I checked (a long time ago) they were closer to $20,000 Cdn. I don't know of any alternatives. Maybe the price is coming down as they are being used more frequently.

The therapist who did my sessions said that in the future home hyperbaric oxygen chambers will be as common as home gyms. Who knows? I will have to wait for the price to come down - or else win the lottery.

Pepper
  5. scarflady

scarflady New Member

Has anyone tried deep breathing exercises? I wonder if some of us may be helped by using deep breathing exercises, bringing in more oxygen normally. Prevention Magazine, September issue page 98 has information on relieving stress with belly breathing......I think Yoga also teaches deep breathing. What do you think?????
    (You may be able to find more info on the Internet)

Scarflady