Oxygen for ENERGY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hope4Sofia, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I just used my Oxygen for ten minutes to see if it would boost my energy. It definitely helped!

I have the tank because I get terrible cluster headaches so I use it when they come on.

I was just reading that low blood pressure can result in reduced O2 supply. I also have a severely deviated septum (can't breath on the right nostril). I think it causes me to have very low O2 while sleeping.

Anyway, I tried it for energy this morning and it seemed to help. I wondered if any of you had experience with this or ANY input on oxygen and illness.

Thank you,

Sofi
  2. katsmi

katsmi New Member

Hi Sofi,

This sounds like something I would like to try, but I'm not sure if your talking about the oxygen that you breath in with a mask?

I am assuming this is something you get from your doctor?

Hugs, Kats
  3. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Yes, it is a tank with a mask. Not the nostril holes. My neuro perscribed it for me for the headaches. They arranged with the O2 company to have it delivered to my home. It is a very large tank.

You might be able to get your Dr to perscribe it.

Sofi
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

Is the only difference in the fact you use a face mask? Do you think the kind that just fits in the nose would work as well?

Just wondering, as my MIL lives with us and has oxygen, but not the face mask... thinking maybe I could try it for my constant headaches that appear to be sinusitis but nobody can figure out.

Thanks
    Victoria

5. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I only have the mask. It has a higher rate of O2 flow. But I imagine the nostril one might help also. I know the mask can only be worn for 10-15 min because of the high rate.

If I were you I might try the nostrils. I'm not a Dr though and don't want to counsil you. Maybe you should look it up to make sure you use it safely. I was directed on how to use mine by on O2 therapist.

Let me know what you do. Or what you find out.

Sofi
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

I will see what I can find out...

I have also read that doing 15 minutes of light exercise for 'normals' while using O2 (with just the nose hose) produces good aerobic benefits. Interesting idea all the way around!

Thanks again,
    Victoria

7. greatgran

greatgran Member

My doctor ordered oxygen use for me due to low 02 while sleeping..I use the nasal tube but have the mask..Like the tube better, I feel like I am being smothered with the mask. Part of my anxiety I guess.

I have used the oxygen for over three months and can tell no difference in the way I feel..It does keep my 02 higher at night. I am on 2 liters.

Speaking of sinus problem it tends to make mine worse..

I was hoping for better results with the oxygen but so far haven't had.

I had a sleep study, it was a flase negative and the doc wants me to have another one..not sure I will..

Glad it has helped you..I feel everyone should have the overnight pulse-ox test to see if their oxygen levels drop at night..

greatgran