Oxygen tank has helped me a lot with my flares.........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Jul 6, 2006.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I asked my Dr to let me try oxygen for my migraine headaches and he agreed..........( my ins of course refuses to pay for oxygen for fms/cfids).

I figured it was worth a try since it would be better than taking oral migraine meds, if it would work.

Well, it didn't work for my migraines, in fact it did nothing to help them..........BUT what I did find..................

is that when I have a bad flare and I lay down with my oxygen on ......it makes a significant difference right away.

When my husband and I had to go out of state recently .......I was in the car for hours on the trip there...........the next day I was in bad shape "flaring",

so I layed down and used my oxygen and with an hour or so I felt so much better..........even our family could see how much better I improved.

I just wanted to share this with my family here.........even if it helps one person it will make me feel better knowing I have!

XO
    Doxy
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it is my personal opinion...but the more o2 we have the more blood nutrient support we have to make things travel better....

it makes since to me doxy..

glad it is working for your..

lots of hugs for you

jodie
  3. Marjidoll

Marjidoll New Member

I wonder if something as simple as learning to breathe properly and deeply on a regular basis would benefit us all.

I am trying to force myself to improve my posture too. I was having a massage yesterday and the therapist was working on my very sore and tight neck. She asked me if I ever felt like I was breathing very shallow, and I said yes. She said those tight muscles constrict our airway and showed me some stretches.

One is to stand in a doorway and put your arms about shoulder level, forearms resting flat on the door jamb and lean forward stretching into it.

The other is to sit in a chair, hands down at your sides. Grasp the bottom of the chair with one and and with the opposite hand grasp your head gently pull it and lean in the opposite direction. Can't hurt, might help a lot.